Attn. BF Ramzev - Great Post

rickwhitelaw

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
Beryl Utah
When the BRS site was down, I was lurking a little on the other forum and found a thread started by BF Ramzev. Not hurt & not shod. (It's probably not good to post the link here).

Great Post Ramzev. My favorite part "We run barefoot because we love the true ground feel, we love the truly free feeling of having nothing between our feet and the ground."

Maybe you could repost your thread on this forum? I'd like to add my thoughts.

Rick W.

Thanks Rick, every few months

Thanks Rick, every few months I feel the need to rant a bit.

Here's the post...

Just wanted to let runners who might be reading through these forums that yes, there are really "skin to ground" barefoot runners here who are not hurt, who didn't start running barefoot because they were hurt and didn't start running barefoot because of a book.

We run barefoot because we love the true ground feel, we love the truly free feeling of having nothing between our feet and the ground. Maybe we don't comment here on running as much as the others because there's not much to say except when we can offer advise to those just getting started. We are here to answer your barefoot running questions, problem is most questions here begin with "I have been running in XXX minimal shoes..." I am not saying this forum should be only for true barefoot runners, this has been discussed to the extreme, there is plenty of room here for true minimalist discussion, we actually welcome these discussions since shoes are tools and most of us will utilize them at some point for gnarly terraine. But we are here, many of us have been here almost from day 1. We are watching. We know where you live. (maybe not, but really, how hard would it be to find out?) OK, carry on.

rickwhitelaw wrote:When the

rickwhitelaw said:
When the BRS site was down, I was lurking a little on the other forum and found a thread started by BF Ramzev. Not hurt & not shod. (It's probably not good to post the link here).

Great Post Ramzev. My favorite part "We run barefoot because we love the true ground feel, we love the truly free feeling of having nothing between our feet and the ground."

Maybe you could repost your thread on this forum? I'd like to add my thoughts.

Rick W.

+1^2

I have to admit, I come from the injured runner's crowd. I read about barefoot running and thought that doing it would be cure to all of my problems and that I would be running great distances. I know better now. Barefoot running takes patience and a long commitment. Still working on some of my injuries, but they happen far less. Working on form has been an ongoing process and I still have a lot of work to do. The main thing for me is that barefoot running feels good and is fun. Different surfaces keeps it interesting, even the nasty stuff.

Totally with you barefoot ramzev. I'm a barefooter who runs, not a barefoot runner, and I'm addicted to groundfeel. The sensuousness adds to the overall pleasure of exercise. My feet get itchy if I don't run barefoot for a few days. I like the way moderate cold (down to 20f on dry, smooth asphalt) feels on my feet, and moderate heat as well. When it's too cold to run barefoot outside, it's a toss up between running barefoot on a treadmill inside or running outside with Moc3s (running outside always wins though). I like chip-n-seal at least once a week for its massaging effect. Trail running is a blast but involves a commute, but is there anything better than feeling the cool earth on a hot summer day? Debates about shod versus barefoot efficiency, performance, form, or injury rates are largely irrelevant to me. I know most people love their shoes. They just don't know what they're missing.

Bare Lee, Your post is spot on. I was just thinking that goundfeel is like a drug. I need my caffeine in the morning and I need my feet to feel the ground. All of the studies, science, books are interesting to me, but if somebody asks me why I am barefoot, the simplest and most honest answer is "it feels good."

All of the studies, science, books are interesting to me, but if somebody asks me why I am barefoot, the simplest and most honest answer is "it feels good."

Precisely :cool:

Rick W., yah, it's funny. I've been a barefooter for 30 years, and ran barefoot 20 years ago as part of my karate training in Japan, but it wasn't until my brother sent me Lieberman's YouTube video in 2010 that I realized I could run barefoot as part of my fitness routine. It should've been obvious to someone who enjoys walking barefoot and being barefoot inside, but I just assumed running shoes were necessary. Lesson for me: always question your assumptions, and listen to what your body tells you.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts