And I'm the weird one for running barefoot???

devilnuts

Barefooters
Feb 24, 2011
Sunday I had a 25K race in Kailua. I think I was the only barefoot runner out there again. Each time I have more and more people come up to me and ask about it (I think the best comment was after the race I was walking back to my car and a guy said, "I'm going to be talking about that for a long time...that's hardcore, man." LOL). Anyway, there were several people out there in VFFs, Skeletoes, Minimus, and various other minimal running shoes. The most interesting? Two guys running in Crocs. I couldn't imagine walking a mile in those...let alone running 15.5 miles in them. Anyone ever seen anything like that? I mean, I'm not one to talk since I run barefoot, but that is just crazy...lol.

Last Sunday, I walked a 5K barefoot (would have run, but I'm getting over something) and everyone thought I was "hardcore" - I wonder what they would have thought if I ran it (or the adjacent 10 K they were running). While BFR is gaining in popularity, people still think running "barefoot" means wearing VFF's, etc...as opposed to skin-to-ground (literally barefoot) like we do, so - yes - they think we're the weird ones.

The Crocs, however - could never do that. I don't care how many holes they have in them, my second thought about them is "Those cannot breathe well" (my first thought is "date repellant" :) )

I cut my foot on friday evening...in the dark offcourse...!
Sunday I ran a 15K in huaraches and even then people were eyeballing me...
Saying I wasn't gonna last the distance,don't know what they were thinking when I past them during the race.
I think I was the only one(didn't see anybody else in minimal)though there were more or less 10,000 participants.
One would think that in todays world (with the internet and all)people would be more educated on what's going on in the world but they're not.
;)

There's a girl who runs ultras in Crocs.

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
On the Appalachian Trail this year, I saw two thru-hikers in Maine wearing Crocs on a rainy day.

I guess we all have our own thing, but I would have been more impressed if he ran that whilst also wearing a Hawaiian shirt...regardless, that distance in flip flops sounds uncomfy...

Don't forget playing the Ukulele, that would truely be special. And I mean SP-EC-IAL............

He may be an idiot, but he still ran it faster than I could. So he gets credit for that.

While we are on the topic of weird runners, there was a couple in Tucson that used to run their races while juggling. I shit you not. And they were usually faster than me. I don't know how they could run 5 or 10K that fast while juggling, but they did it. I guess that is a new "thing". Anyone else seen it? Evidently it is called "joggling" and they are freaks!!! haha...yes, I'm just jealous that I can't even be that fast without juggling...haha. Here is their website http://bobandtrish.com/index.php?page=joggling

Don't forget playing the Ukulele, that would truely be special. And I mean SP-EC-IAL............

I now know what I am doing for the Honolulu Marathon next year. I guess it is time to start working on my ukulele lessons. haha.

He may be an idiot, but he still ran it faster than I could. So he gets credit for that.

While we are on the topic of weird runners, there was a couple in Tucson that used to run their races while juggling. I shit you not. And they were usually faster than me. I don't know how they could run 5 or 10K that fast while juggling, but they did it. I guess that is a new "thing". Anyone else seen it? Evidently it is called "joggling" and they are freaks!!! haha...yes, I'm just jealous that I can't even be that fast without juggling...haha. Here is their website http://bobandtrish.com/index.php?page=joggling

Yeah, I have a confession, that is really me (Bob) in disguise. I have been a closet shod runner who juggles for years and have finally come out. The shame, sorry to subject you to all that, but I am trying to break the joggling habit and just have not been able to yet, lol. :oops:

Reactions: NickW and devilnuts
HAHAHA...how's that been working out for ya? Kicked the habit yet? :-D

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon