2012 Silicon Valley Turkey Trot

My one rule in life is that if something makes you feel happy and it doesn't cause harm to yourself or anyone else then do it, you don't need approval from anyone. So if you want to keep your toenails permanently painted, you go for it. Being playful and breaking conventions is the spice of life, without it you would become old very quickly.

See, I always thought Paprika was the spice of life...learn something new every day...

Yours, however, is an excellent point - no reason not to keep the toenails painted; if other folks don't like it, then F the F-ing F-ers! :D

Reactions: skedaddle
You run? I thought you were just here for comic relief! *snickers and runs away*

Reactions: Sid
32F is impressive - honestly, I think I'd be wearing Invisible Shoes or the like, myself. Standing around for 20 mins on <32F pavement would be too much for the CA Native to handle...I trust you regained feeling after a few miles? Or was it after you got out of the post-run shower?

I wore some heavy socks during the start, then take them off at the start. It was a beautiful morning with the sun shining and it was going to get up to 45 degrees. I never lost totally feeling, which is good, but after a mile or so they warmed up nicely. It's a gamble at times, I am always trying to judge what the weather will be like. Complete sunshine is my friend, if it was cloudy, colder, and raining, footwear would of been worn.

Reactions: happysongbird
See, I always thought Paprika was the spice of life...learn something new every day...

Yours, however, is an excellent point - no reason not to keep the toenails painted; if other folks don't like it, then F the F-ing F-ers! :D

Yay, say it like it is! Now with the easy part out of the way the next hurdle is which colour to choose, something with swagger, a splash of mystery and a sprinkling of danger should be suitable for a Pirate.
I opted for British racing green, as it's everything I'm not, sporty with a bit of vintage class (always practice what you preach, right? so today the deed has been done!)
Seriously though, use discretion, I mean don't turn up to a drunken rally at Pirates Cove on Skull Island with your newly discovered freedoms and announce your right to express yourself and all will be fine:)

Well, to tell the truth, I find it more exciting going through the pedicure and having the lovely new color applied ( I don't do my own nails, ever.), but usually just let it weather off. A pedicure is worth it, at least once in your life. More structured people take nail polish off when it starts looking chipped or otherwise tatty.

I have never given a hoot about what anyone else might have to say on the subject, unless, of course, they think it's cool.

Reactions: DNEchris
Yay, say it like it is! Now with the easy part out of the way the next hurdle is which colour to choose, something with swagger, a splash of mystery and a sprinkling of danger should be suitable for a Pirate.
I opted for British racing green, as it's everything I'm not, sporty with a bit of vintage class (always practice what you preach, right? so today the deed has been done!)
Seriously though, use discretion, I mean don't turn up to a drunken rally at Pirates Cove on Skull Island with your newly discovered freedoms and announce your right to express yourself and all will be fine:)

Where did you get the BRG toenail paint? That with white racing stripes would be dog bollocks (the ex-gf hails from the UK, so between her and Eddie Izzard, I know some English)

something with swagger, a splash of mystery and a sprinkling of danger should be suitable for a Pirate

When I first read that, I though it said dysentery which - unfortunately - can also be fitting for a Pirate (not-so-Jolly Roger, if you would)

( I don't do my own nails, ever.)

To that point, when I did mine I was shocked at how difficult it was to do...OK, how difficult it was to make look decent. Mine, as mentioned before, looked like you took the car to Earl Scheib and they painted it with a broom - chrome, glass and all...

A pedicure is worth it, at least once in your life.

I have had three to date. The first one of my life happened largely against my will while lying on a beach in Thailand. It's at b!tch trying to walk on sand when you have wet clear coat applied to your toe nails. Moreso trying to retrieve your wallet and operate an ATM to get the 350THB that you're getting charged...

Where did you get the BRG toenail paint? That with white racing stripes would be dog bollocks (the ex-gf hails from the UK, so between her and Eddie Izzard, I know some English)

When I first read that, I though it said dysentery which - unfortunately - can also be fitting for a Pirate (not-so-Jolly Roger, if you would)

Boots the chemist, just take a color swatch of BRG to the ladies at the counter and ask if they have anything similar in nail polish because you want to touch up a scratch on your 1959 Aston-Martin DBR1, Mine came in a box of six packaged in a deal for Christmas but i'm sure you could find the equivalent in the US using this technique. And if she fails to find what you want you still might be on for a promise because you own a vintage sports car right? It's a win, win, situation ;)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon