1/2 marathon....

otoole4info

Barefooters
Feb 3, 2013
Waverly, NY
TJ help me out if you think this would be better suited in another forum. -- Here is perfect! -TJ

I registered with some friends to run the princess 1/2 marathon long before I decided to go unshod......

I'm doing it barefoot but will have socks with me if need be..... My plan is not to push myself as I'm still getting my feet, form, etc worked out.

Just checked with runner relations and took them by surprise when I asked if there were any restriction to running it barefoot. :)

This is going to be fun, anyone with any input for me would be awesome.

Reactions: Sid
Did the same thing as you, entered a half before going unshod. In my case, I had about 5 months of shod training before my race.

You'll do fine, I'm sure, particularly if you're approaching it as something fun rather than as a mountain you have to conquer. I'm not saying that low expectations are the root of all happiness, but I am saying that when it's your first time, it's better to be in the experience rather than in your ego. Just take it easy, keeps those knees bent and those feet loose, and you'll have a blast. Nothing like your first time.

Let us know how you do!

It's too late for you to take my best advice which is "Never Ask Permission!"
What if they'd said "Oh, no, what if you hurt yourself????!!!" Pfah!

Oh, and one other tidbit of wisdom isn't too late. That is to drive around the course, if you have a chance, to lay eyes and feet on the surfaces you'll be running on. Sometimes it's nice to know ahead of time.

Have fun!

I (think) see what you did there, and I (think) I know the source/reference ;)

What if they'd said "Oh, no, what if you hurt yourself????!!!" Pfah!

Have fun!

What was I thinking...... Permission who needs to ask that, after all I signed the waiver..... It's on me if I get hurt.

It's gonna be more of a fun run for me, after all that's why I run, for fun.

Reactions: happysongbird
Drive around the course, if you have a chance, to lay eyes and feet on the surfaces you'll be running on. Sometimes it's nice to know ahead of time.

Sometimes it is better not to know ;).

Good luck with the HM and have fun. You will do fine !

If it's the Disney Princess 1/2, other people have run barefoot at Disney races without any hassle.

Yup it's that one, I'm no princess... Heck I'm not even a prince. My wife and good friends are running in it as well. I got a tattoo in my goody bag, debating should I put it dead center on my forehead????

Anyone else know anyone running it?

Reactions: Sid
Bring a pair of thick socks or huaraches and carry them in your waist belt. Then you don't have to worry about the terrain.

Got a nice 3 mile loosen up run barefoot run on various terrain just about 30 minutes ago. I foresee blisters tomorrow.

Bend the knees, run softly and lift the feet. It's gonna be a fun run tomorrow. Someone told me they only saw one barefooter last year at this, that can't be true I know there are more of us out here.