What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

Picked up a sampler case from Mendocino Brewery. So far I tried both the Eye of the Hawk and Red Tail Ale and both were very good. $22 from Costco, as long as the oatmeal stout and pale ale hold up it should be a good deal.

Picked up a six pack of Mendocino White Hawk Select IPA while I was in CA. Excellent, near the top of my IPA list now. How were the other brews?

Reactions: NickW
Picked up a six pack of Mendocino White Hawk Select IPA while I was in CA. Excellent, near the top of my IPA list now. How were the other brews?
I'll have to look for that one. I've just had one from them, the Eye of the Hawk. It was good, very flavorful. Maybe too flavorful. It's been a while but if memory serves it seemed to have an orangish flavor to it. I found out don't have it after a stout, it tastes horrible then! Lol

Yesterday I picked up the last 6 of Lagunitas "Sucks" from my local Total Wine store (only source for it in town). They told me that they didn't expect to get any more any time soon. So I am slowly working on one right now. Wow! what a complex beer. I can't tell when the citrus stops and the rye spice begins, but it is all there. Carbonation is great too. I have been working on this one for about 20 minutes and there is still a bit of tingle in the mug. Color is beautiful too. Lagunitas says this was just a winter replacement beer, but I'd love it if they would make it all year.

This weekend is turning out to be a hit... Both beers I picked up Friday are great! The Ruthless Rye yesterday and with dinner today was Stone Sublimely Self Righteous black ipa. Both are on my short list for ipa's.

c32eac92-60ee-4ce7-b611-b82ba4444acf_zps231bcaeb.jpg

e578fd41-aa0e-4fdc-be2c-70089e9a1fc9_zps953021cc.jpg

damn that all looks good and restaurant quality.

damn that all looks good and restaurant quality.

If your referring to my pic of yesterdays dinner thanks, but you might want to wait until you hear what it is hehehe....
Thats deer heart, and well its a good thing I had a nice strong beer to cover up go with it. :D It wasnt too bad really, but not my favorite. I filleted the heart out into one long strip, made some herbed stuffing to place on it, and rolled it up jelly roll style and wrapped in bacon. Tonight’s dinner will be a little more appealing to the masses.

Oh and by the way your post was #666 :eek:

Reactions: migangelo
If your referring to my pic of yesterdays dinner thanks, but you might want to wait until you hear what it is hehehe....
Thats deer heart, and well its a good thing I had a nice strong beer to cover up go with it. :D It wasnt too bad really, but not my favorite. I filleted the heart out into one long strip, made some herbed stuffing to place on it, and rolled it up jelly roll style and wrapped in bacon. Tonight’s dinner will be a little more appealing to the masses.

My Hubby got REALLY excited when I told him what it was.

Not my favorite either. I use the heart for making sausage.

You have to soak deer heart in a brine. It helps to pull the blood out and really improves the flavor. If you are going to stew it make sure you use vinegar.

i stew beef heart every few months so i could eat that.

So tonight was pizza night, first time in a long time.

Working on my last few Christmas Ales, had a Breckenridge while I was prepping the pizza during half time...

pizza1_640_zpsffc5fe66.jpg

I've been meaning to try different non-wheat grains but this time I used some local organic whole grain wheat. Sauce is from my garden as well as banana peppers, and sausage is my own venison sausage. Had to resort to store bought onion, bell pep, and peperoni though. One of these days I need to start making my own beer.

pizza2-640_zps86d05e24.jpg

So all done, and enjoying with my favorite Christmas ale this year... Southern Tier's 2XMAS. It was my last one sadly.

Reactions: NickW
Last night was pizza night. Tonight was brats and beer. Lotsa beer. Homemade beer. One of my buddies, Patrick, makes a helluva porter. Between that and my bock, everyone enjoyed the game, even the niners fans like me.

BTW, IMNSHO - Halftime show sucked.

Reactions: Tristan-OH
Last night was pizza night. Tonight was brats and beer. Lotsa beer. Homemade beer. One of my buddies, Patrick, makes a helluva porter. Between that and my bock, everyone enjoyed the game, even the niners fans like me.

BTW, IMNSHO - Halftime show sucked.
I almost liked this post, then you said you were a niners fan... :D (I'm a Hawks fan so you can see why)

Agreed about the halftime show. Was horrible and only mildly glanced at it occasionally. The commercials were not very good this year either...

In a nod to AB's $millions spent to introduce the new drink last night I tried a Bud Black Crown during the game.
Sure it had a slightly fuller taste and deeper color than regular Bud, but it was nothing all that special.
Unless of course you count the 25% boost in ABV, which they seem to be marketing heavily.
6% is printerd in large numbers on the lable (you don't have to look for it, it jumps right out at you), as well as on the outside of the box!
I guess it's Bud Light Platinum geared to those NOT watching their calories.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7