What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

NotSoDoomedRunner

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
I am too lazy to look for the old thread and can't remember if it was on here or the old place... so anyhow. Just ongoing. I love beer and craft beer and finding out about new beers. So on here answer any or all... or make up your own questions...
-What beer are you drinking tonight?
-Any particular reason you are drinking that beer?
-What style is it?
-First time with that beer?

Just those sorts of things. In the old thread I think we just named the beer and I never knew anything more about it.

I am having a Stash IPA by Independence Brewing Company in Austin. I have been wanting to try it a while and just wanted a couple beers tonight. It is a mildly hoppy IPA. It is my first time to have it. It is really good.

Reactions: Robin
I just got a new favorite: Red Chair Northwest Pale Ale from Deschutes Brewery. Go Oregon. Slightly less hoppy than an IPA, but not as sweet as a regular pale ale.

Doomed, I read through your beer thread over at RW. One guy had some negative things to say about IPA's and those who enjoy them. He needs to come over here for a good word lashing.:)

I must have missed that! Ha! I will have to search for that one. How funny. I love IPAs man. They have that unique taste you can't get anywhere else. A friend at work is from Oregon and goes back and I try to get some Oregon beers all the time but no luck yet. I actually always say if we move out of state it will be Oregon.

Sorry Doomed. To answer your questions. Why am I drinking that beer? I love beer, any, and every beer. Love to try new brands and styles. I tend to buy IPA's and pale ales. I also like German wheat beers.

First time with Red Chair? Yes, but I have tried other Deschutes beers and have enjoyed every one of them. I would love to make a journey to Oregon and try them on tap. Running a race or two and meeting the Oregon BRS'ers would be nice also.

A home brewed Irish stout, enhanced by extra malt sugar and a bit of black treacle (molasses?)

I've got about another 20 pints to get through before we start remodelling teh garage where it is stored.

Reactions: BFwillie_g
rick, you and any other brs'r is welcome to come here anytime. we love to run and we love to drink beer. hell, if a race doesn't offer beer, we bring our own and drink it there. we have a lot of good breweries here, last i heard most per capita in the us. deschutes makes my favorite, black butte porter.

right now i have some porter in the fridge but i think it's from some other brewer that i wanted to try. to lazy to get up and look. almost had one last night but i thought my headache was already bad enough.

edit- it's ninkasi from here in eugene.

I've got Black Rain which I was planning on drinking but now after reading Ricks post I think I will go buy some red chair. Will let you know what I think of it. I love our Oregon beers. We have some really good ones here.

I just got a new favorite: Red Chair Northwest Pale Ale from Deschutes Brewery. Go Oregon. Slightly less hoppy than an IPA, but not as sweet as a regular pale ale.

Doomed, I read through your beer thread over at RW. One guy had some negative things to say about IPA's and those who enjoy them. He needs to come over here for a good word lashing.:)
I'm not a huge fan of over the top hop but do enjoy a lot of different IPAs. I've got a really nice porter from Deschutes in the fridge right now.

Meh...since I've been in Illinois I've tried to find a couple of local brews. While not microbrews per se, I did find a decent Pale Ale out here from a place called Schlafly. I think the brewery is technically across the border in Missouri, but close enough to call it local-ish. I would recommend it to anyone looking try something from the area. Also, last weekend I had about 2...ok maybe 10 IPAs from O'Fallon brewing in Missouri. It was called O'Fallon 5 Day. Not bad.

Bubba- when are you in town again? Let me know if you can break away for a brew at Uncle Billy's I can even see if I can get Jim to go.

I'm going standard tonight, Yuengling. It's the best Lager out there.

i rotate my beers also. from my right hand to my left with my mouth being the intermediary. they also move from the back or side of the fridge to under the sink so they can be recycled (empty bottles cuz that's what we do in the NW). i guess i can add they rotate from my walk in cooler (store) to my reach in (fridge).

this organic chem is driving me crazy and i need an outlet!

Reactions: Robin
Meh...since I've been in Illinois I've tried to find a couple of local brews. While not microbrews per se, I did find a decent Pale Ale out here from a place called Schlafly. I think the brewery is technically across the border in Missouri, but close enough to call it local-ish. I would recommend it to anyone looking try something from the area. Also, last weekend I had about 2...ok maybe 10 IPAs from O'Fallon brewing in Missouri. It was called O'Fallon 5 Day. Not bad.

Schlafly's PA is a friend of mines favorite beer, I've enjoyed quite a bit of it and it is good. He is from SL naturally.

Ended up getting tipsy on two blonde bocks from Gordon Biersch WTF?

Abide - sounds like your tolerance has slipped down a little. Depends on if those blond bocks are 12 oz. or if you're drinking the big bottles, those bocks are strong.
Doomed - If I leave any beer left in the fridge, it will be consumed. No will power with beer or chocolate. I have to store mine in the garage.
Nick - I hope the Red Chair is not seasonal. If it is, I need to make a run to the state line quickly and stock up.
Mike - I'm thinking about moving the computer desk in between the fridge and the recycling bin.
Ram - I'll have to look up that lager. I enjoy a good lager once in a while. I tried a Cherny Bock schwarzbier from Bohemian Brewery last night.
and to those homebrewers, I am green with envy.

I don't believe the red chair is seasonal. I've looked at it for quite a while and then I usually opt to try some other local brew. I'm kind of mad at myself for waiting so long to try it because it is a good tasting beer.

Tonight was more Shlafly Pale Ale and Guinness finished the race. It was a good night.

no running for me today, got back from London too late and I was in a CBA mood.

I still had a beer anyway, home brew

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts