Soleful pleasure--can it become too much of a good thing?

I always worry about race locations as there aren't many rough places near by that I can run on without getting hit by a car =(
It is a funny complaint, but the sidewalks and trails are too nice where I live...lol
Looks like I will have to get creative!
All this talk about gravel and chipseal get me excited :)

I always worry about race locations as there aren't many rough places near by that I can run on without getting hit by a car =(
It is a funny complaint, but the sidewalks and trails are too nice where I live...lol
Looks like I will have to get creative!
All this talk about gravel and chipseal get me excited :)
I guess I like to mix it up. I would love to run on a golf course's well-groomed grass sometime too. I find the rougher surfaces best for slower, steady runs. I like the smooth asphalt of the river and lake paths for faster paced runs. But I know what you mean, it's really hard to find gravel or trails around here. It would be great to run gravel or rougher chipseal at least once a week.

I guess I like to mix it up. I would love to run on a golf course's well-groomed grass sometime too. I find the rougher surfaces best for slower, steady runs. I like the smooth asphalt of the river and lake paths for faster paced runs. But I know what you mean, it's really hard to find gravel or trails around here. It would be great to run gravel or rougher chipseal at least once a week.
yep, as the saying goes...........
"the trails are always rougher..." o_O wait

Reactions: Bare Lee
Even on city streets and sidewalks, I like all the passing variety of surfaces one encounters, the patches of acorns, the cracked sidewalks, a section of chipseal, freshly laid asphalt, perhaps a dirt path short-cut or a run across park grass. Just adds to the mini-journey of a good run.

We have a lot of variety on our roads here in Winnipeg. The infrastructure here is not in the best of shape so our roads are terrible. Rough pavement, worn pavement that feels like chipseal, rough and cracked concrete road, lots of pot holes to dodge, and good luck finding white lines to run on that are fresh. Here I think the last time they got painted was 4 years ago. :) But they will be getting smoother in about 8 weeks, the snow will start and fill up the cracks and pot holes. :D

Tingly feet is great. I was doing my "conditioning" run today on a rough loop, when I took the turn back to my car, I saw that the entire road was spotted with brown muddy looking stuff. Thats when I realized the farmers had cleaned the cow barn and driven the manure spreader down my road. It made the rough course doubly challenging.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7