Soleful pleasure--can it become too much of a good thing?

Well, hit the trail that did me so well last week, but today I took a slightly longer route that avoided most of the gravel near the lake. I was up on compacted dirt and grass for a good part of the run. Now I'm home and nothing. A little twinge of pleasure perhaps, but pretty disappointing over all. I may have to put in an order with my pumice connection to tide me over until I get in a more gratifying run on Thursday.

Well, hit the trail that did me so well last week, but today I took a slightly longer route that avoided most of the gravel near the lake. I was up on compacted dirt and grass for a good part of the run. Now I'm home and nothing. A little twinge of pleasure perhaps, but pretty disappointing over all. I may have to put in an order with my pumice connection to tide me over until I get in a more gratifying run on Thursday.
Addict! Lol!

Reactions: Bare Lee
Do you regularly need to experience some level of discomfort in order to have pleasure? ;-)
Not as a general rule. Much as I enjoy barefoot barefoot, I tend to enjoy pleasure pleasure best as well. The whole pain-pleasure thing escapes me, probably because my parents never spanked me (I was just kidding about the rusty nail and nurse bit up above). And in this specific instance, the discomfort of running over (relatively easy) gravel, or chipseal, isn't immediately pleasurable, but also not painful. It's kind of like a rough massage. The pleasure comes the next day, when, as TJ describes, the feet adapt by developing new capallaries or something. This morning I do have a slight tingly feeling, but nothing like last week--probably due to the lesser stimulus of yesterday's run, but also perhaps because my feet are adapting, as TJ suggested. I will seek out more gravelly surfaces in the future, but since gravelly trails around here are few and far between, and involve a commute, I will most often keep going back to the lake nearby that has a chipseal path to get my rocks off, so to speak. The BFR journey has many facets. It's fun to keep discovering new ones.

Had a nice 4-mile chipseal run today. Aaahhhh, just right. My feet are nice and tingly, but not cat-in-heat unbearably so--for the time being. Hopefully I can be satisfied with moderate surface consumption. But I fear chipseal may act as a gateway texture to rougher stuff, like full on, coarse gravel or liquor store parking lots. Please, someone slap me if it comes to that.

Reactions: Zetti and NickW
aren't liquor store parking lots pick up places for teenagers? careful. 15 will get you 20.

Oh yes, 3.3 miles of pure back woods gravel. My first time. I thought I might need some protection, but the post-run tingle is so worth it.
your monologue is getting a big creepy Lee.....:eek:
hahahahaha
Reminding me of smeagol....:p

The day after a good run, my soles feel all tingly, like they've just come. Yesterday I ran somewhat fast over some easy gravel on my trail run and today my feet are in an especially pleasurable state. I wonder if the rougher the surface, the more I'll become addicted to BFR, and if I should seek help on a daytime show. Please advise.
Going on Dr Phil might do you some good!!:Do_O

Reactions: Bare Lee

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7