Soleful pleasure--can it become too much of a good thing?

Bare Lee

Barefooters
Jul 25, 2011
Saint Paul
The day after a good run, my soles feel all tingly, like they've just come. Yesterday I ran somewhat fast over some easy gravel on my trail run and today my feet are in an especially pleasurable state. I wonder if the rougher the surface, the more I'll become addicted to BFR, and if I should seek help on a daytime show. Please advise.

Reactions: Robin and Lomad
Lol! Yesterday we found a trail by our house and walked my son through it. We've lived here for 6 years and never knew the trail was there. Anyway, part of it was crushed gravel and somehow, I was able to walk all over it with no problems. Now today I have the same tingly sensations you are describing.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Lol! Yesterday we found a trail by our house and walked my son through it. We've lived here for 6 years and never knew the trail was there. Anyway, part of it was crushed gravel and somehow, I was able to walk all over it with no problems. Now today I have the same tingly sensations you are describing.
Ha! I knew you'd be the first to comment Nick.

I'm wondering if the addiction will lead to fanaticism and militancy. Pretty soon I'll be one of those guys with a list of all the places that won't let him in because he's unshod, and then I'll catalog and rate the tiling and carpets of all the places that do. I wonder if a foot-massager could work as an Allenesque orgasmatron for people like us . . .

Reactions: Robin
The tingling and itching feeling is believed to be caused by new capillaries being formed, blood flow. I used to get this all the time in the beginning, then it subsides and goes away.

Yes, running barefoot is very addicting. That's why I am having such a hard time with withdrawals.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Holy moley! Told you I was chatty...:D You just hit 700 with that message yourself. I've noticed you've been very active lately too on here.
Yah, for the last few weeks I've been doing a massive reorganization of all my notes and references, which is very tedious, and these email thread notifications are just too tempting a procrastination. I'm glad to have been part of your 2000, and thanks for making my 700 possible. I will celebrate shortly with some rib-eye and Barefoot Zinfandel and perhaps a little appetizer ;). But right now my feet are driving me crazy, so I'm thinking of going down to the garage and getting some sandpaper for some sole satiation.

Reactions: Robin
The tingling and itching feeling is believed to be caused by new capillaries being formed, blood flow. I used to get this all the time in the beginning, then it subsides and goes away.

Yes, running barefoot is very addicting. That's why I am having such a hard time with withdrawals.
Interesting. I never experienced anything like this before barefoot-running on asphalt. I never got this feeling from barefoot walking, or while rebuilding my callouses every spring, and that's 30 some years. And 20 years ago I BF ran on pretty smooth dirt trails, so the stimulation was minor, and my callouses were already well developed from karate training. For me it seems specific to the roughness of the surface, and not callous development per se. And now yesterday's gravel has awakened a beast within. If loving this is wrong, I don't want to be right. Help! It's much bigger than me.
The withdrawal must be excruciating. Perhaps you could try a sandpaper patch substitute.

Red wine kills my stomach something fierce. Heartburn flares up really bad with reds, even when on the prilosec otc. Of course, almost everything gives me heartburn when not on prilosec, even water believe it or not.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts