People's reactions when you run

Once I was told that I look like a hummingbird when running. Ah, thanks?
I didn't know how to take that comment.
And on my race last Saturday it was sometimes overwhelming all the attention I was getting, I felt attacked by the paparazzi.:D
Before the race it was "are you going to run barefot?" and I said yes, yes I am, and their response was "wow, that's amazing"
Or it was "how long have you being running barefoot?" I said I am approaching five years and they'll go "that's so cool.
The best part was after the race, people were coming to congratulate me and they found my barefoot running to be impressive.
I told them that if they knew how easy and enjoyable barefoot running is everybody will be doing it.

It's certainly better than someone saying you look like a vulture while running.

I think they probably meant it looks like you're just floating along the way humming birds can and your legs are moving fast like their wings.

And on my race last Saturday it was sometimes overwhelming all the attention I was getting, I felt attacked by the paparazzi.:D
Before the race it was "are you going to run barefot?" and I said yes, yes I am, and their response was "wow, that's amazing"
Or it was "how long have you being running barefoot?" I said I am approaching five years and they'll go "that's so cool.
The best part was after the race, people were coming to congratulate me and they found my barefoot running to be impressive.
I told them that if they knew how easy and enjoyable barefoot running is everybody will be doing it.
A fuller race report would be nice, and some pics!
I agree with Scratch; I would take that as a compliment.
From now on, I'm going to call you Dama Colibrí.
No wait, it sounds better in Portuguese: Dama Beija-flor.

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
From now on, I'm going to call you Dama Colibrí.
No wait, it sounds better in Portuguese: Dama Beija-flor.

Esperanto: Sinjorino Kolibra, accents are on the next-to-last syllables, and the j in Esperanto makes a y noise. Although I don't know if that's entirely apt, as I've put the adjective -a ending on the word for hummingbird, so I'm saying hummingbird-like lady. Maybe it should be lady-like hummingbird instead. And it's entirely possible to put another nuance to it and give them both the -o ending which signifies nouns, and then it would be Lady Hummingbird.

Esperanto: Sinjorino Kolibra, accents are on the next-to-last syllables, and the j in Esperanto makes a y noise. Although I don't know if that's entirely apt, as I've put the adjective -a ending on the word for hummingbird, so I'm saying hummingbird-like lady. Maybe it should be lady-like hummingbird instead. And it's entirely possible to put another nuance to it and give them both the -o ending which signifies nouns, and then it would be Lady Hummingbird.
I like it, or alternatively,
ŠINJORINA

Reactions: migangelo
One look at Dama's times in her sig and the realization that she is MAYBE 5' tall and it's easy to imagine what a blur her legs must look like in motion while propelling that 100 lb. body. Definitely very hummingbird-esque!

I wonder if La Sinjorino Kolibra has zipped off to another feeder, seeing that she hasn't been back here since. Or maybe she's run off to the good life with the $50,000 prize she won the other day.

ETA: I swear sometimes I'm becoming dyslexic as I grow older. I had written it as kobrila instead of kolibra. So I fixed it here in my post, but it can be seen in Bare Lee's quote of me.

I really didn't have so much trouble with mangling spellings and leaving out or putting odd words in until I decided to learn French and Esperanto. Now it's like having additional orthographies in my head makes things jumble up time to time.

I wonder if La Sinjorino Kobrila has zipped off to another feeder, seeing that she hasn't been back here since. Or maybe she's run off to the good life with the $50,000 prize she won the other day.
Our little hummer is quite mercurial, disappearing for weeks at a time, but she always comes back for more of the sweet, soleful nectar that is uniquely available here at BRS.

She also has a penchant for winning races she's entered on a whim, after weeks of no training.

I'm at the mall, while my computer is being worked on at the apple store. I am barefoot. When I proceeded to Starbucks to have a table for a while, a lady dressed to the hilt had just walked by. When I stood up, she was just a few inches ahead of me. She kept trying so hard to look at my feet without looking at my feet, I nearly burst out laughing.

She kept trying so hard to look at my feet without looking at my feet, I nearly burst out laughing.
The funniest is when people know they have to talk to you but can't say anything about the feet.
Car salespeople are the best! They're required to treat you with full respect and want to make a sale so they pretend to not notice and never say a thing.

So much potential at the Mall. Another middle age fellow almost backed into me while I was exiting the apple store, carrying my computer. He was so close to me and I had to move quickly. If I had had shoes or flip flops on, I very well may have tripped. He apologized profusely and I said, "It's okay, I always watch everyone very closely when I'm carrying my computer." So, he naturally glanced down at my big box, then looked up a strange combination of confused and embarrassed, and speechless. My daughter says he was probably thinking, "She has a computer, but can't afford shoes??" Poor guy.

I think they probably meant it looks like you're just floating along the way humming birds can and your legs are moving fast like their wings.

I just found another example...sort of.
If Dama were male, Asian, and a musician rather than athlete.
Arms and hands instead of legs and feet, but what a blurry talent!

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
I posted just a bit ago on FB about my 10K barefoot race. A friend I've known since high school posted asking, "Is it okay if I think you are a little bit crazy?" I typed back, "Only if it's okay if I think you are a little bit misinformed. ;) " :angelic:

I ARE BACK!!!!! I was in San Diego so there!!!
Oh and Board, FYI, am 5'2" so there:p
So I see you missed me, you're all so sweet. That's why I always comeback:kiss: .
While running along the Harbor in San Diego it was all weird, it looked like if they never seeing a barefoot runner before and I thought :wtf: isn't there a barefoot group here in SD. I got all sorts of looks, some smiles a "tough feet" comment and a "how far can you go" question and when I told him that my farthest run is a 50K he goes:jaw drop: .
So here I am.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7