Mileage Reporting 37th week 2013

Had a fun, relaxing run. Race billed as 6.2/10K, my Gramin said 5.5 (possibly too many trees and turns), and my husband said it felt more like an even 6 based on his and my daughter's times. So, somewhere between a 9 and 9:50 mm pace (for me).... I will have to decide how important it is for me to try to figure it out on google earth. In short, it was a very small race, around 20 -25 runners. I accidentally tied for first for women in the 10K with the gal I had been having fun chatting with for 95 % of the race. Whole thing S2G, met PB Junkie, which was awesome! Had a nice visit before the race. Also, hankgooch. It was actually his wife that I ran with. :) Met a couple of other totally barefoot runners, some who were just trying it out, they might come around the forum.

Most excellent 11 mile run at 5:00 am., 81 deg., 54% rh... At about half way heard an owl right above me slightly left in a tree. it kept calling out as I passed, just as I got passed that tree I heard another start across the street (owl stereo). A lot of places on these runs have large trees on both sides that have grown over the road forming a tunnel effect (cool).
This is the last run day of week 4 training for me. Total miles 29.

Not sure what crawled up my butt today, but I went out and ran a nice 8.00 mile run today. I ran a pretty consistent 11:20 pace today and just explored my new town. Felt really really good at the slow pace and without the stroller so I kept doing the ok, I'll go just a mile further and then I will turn around. My initial plan had only been to do 2-2.5 miles. Oops. :) I think I had just been doing too much faster paced running and I think that may be why I was bonking so much the last few weeks. Anyhow, this run was shod in my new balance shoes which have I think a 11mm forefoot and that still hurt with a lot of the rocky stretches I ran. Glad I wasn't in my sandals for this run because that would have been miserable. Anyhow, it was great to get out there like that today and just enjoy myself, I haven't done that in a long time and I think I forgot about the enjoyment factor and just got too concentrated on goals.

Didn't run yesterday, unless you count about a km of walk/jog and a few sprints with my giggling four year old on my shoulders. I'm going to miss it when she gets too big for that. I still felt slightly bruisey under the second toe, so I decided not to run again.

This morning, another surf for 2-3 hours. A little seal swam by about 30m away, lazily doing barrel rolls and waving it's flippers around. I was blissing out on this and thinking how things couldn't get any better, and then a pod of 3 dolphins swam up and came within about 15m of me, playing in the waves. Awesome. I don't know about anybody else, but I revert to an excited eight year old, or maybe an aging hippy whenever I see dolphins in the water. They're just so beautiful.

Not sure if I'll run today, but I'm going to have to test it out soon.

Did my 1st 7 mile today. Run/ walk mix. Started at my usual 5am with the usual hot and muggy conditions. All was going nice and smooth up until mile 5 and change. Then separate places in my person started to ring here and there like a cow bell.
Ringing is my interpretation of pain. I started with one behind my left knee. Then another on 2 of my right toes. Altogether 3 would ring now and again. Then sometimes all would go at it. I shut it down to a walk at 6. I used my visualization to imagine 3 mini cows tagging along with me and Becky. This was a coping method to stay upbeat. I got home and iced my knee and that worked wonders. Now a few hours later my knee is fine. I guess with longer distance this sort of thing takes place. It's just new to me.

On the critter front 8 bunnies and one bat and rooster. I heard the rooster.

Feet and legs getting better
Life is good. On to my 10k next Saturday......maybe in the rain.

Congratulations on "listening" to your body's signals, and walking the last mile! WAY TO GO!!!

I had a wonderful, 3 mile run through some trails along the gorge and the immediate neighborhood of my B & B. Then, like the weird old lady I am, I decided to traumatize the neighborhood teenagers and go for a dip in the neighborhood lake in my bikini and negative-white, skin. That lake was easily 70 degrees! I dog paddled around, shrieking at algae and goose poop, and drinking beer. Then I lay on the dock and watched the sun go down and cried one of those super deep, loooooong over due, heartfelt cries. And it was awesome! I did not want to run today since I am doing a 6 mile obstacle course, tomorrow. But I had too much energy and had to dispense with it! I can't wait to see my buddies - Mike, Dan, & Chris, tomorrow!!! You guys are so much fun!!!

Most excellent 11 mile run at 5:00 am., 81 deg., 54% rh... At about half way heard an owl right above me slightly left in a tree. it kept calling out as I passed, just as I got passed that tree I heard another start across the street (owl stereo). A lot of places on these runs have large trees on both sides that have grown over the road forming a tunnel effect (cool).
This is the last run day of week 4 training for me. Total miles 29.

I LOVE the sound of owls!!!

Reactions: Owlrun
Didn't run yesterday, unless you count about a km of walk/jog and a few sprints with my giggling four year old on my shoulders. I'm going to miss it when she gets too big for that. I still felt slightly bruisey under the second toe, so I decided not to run again.

This morning, another surf for 2-3 hours. A little seal swam by about 30m away, lazily doing barrel rolls and waving it's flippers around. I was blissing out on this and thinking how things couldn't get any better, and then a pod of 3 dolphins swam up and came within about 15m of me, playing in the waves. Awesome. I don't know about anybody else, but I revert to an excited eight year old, or maybe an aging hippy whenever I see dolphins in the water. They're just so beautiful.

Not sure if I'll run today, but I'm going to have to test it out soon.

There's nothing better than giggling...and giggling four year olds, makes it even better! :D That is so cool about the dolphins! That happened to my spousal unit and I, in Hawaii!

nice time chris.

walked yesterday and may do light run to park and do some body weights. race tomorrow that should take me 2 hours to do, likely in the rain. fun 7 miler full of obstacles and lovely crossfitters.

Huh, it should take me 4 hours then - lol!

Friday afternoon
2.3-mile run-commute home. I stopped by a booze shop near my office to pick up some McManis Petite Sirah, and stashed it in my new daypack. The 20-something hipsters working there had no problem, of course, with my bare feet. Running a coupla blocks farther on, an old pick-up truck loaded with junk slowed on a busy street with the freeway up ahead and the driver shouted "Excuse me sir, . . ." but I couldn't understand the rest with all the traffic noise around. I could see he had a green light and there was a guy behind him. I figured he was asking directions so I put my hand up to my ear to signal I hadn't heard him. He shouted it again with a gleeful grin, "You are an Asphalt Technician." At first I thought he was asking where an asphalt technician business was located so I put up my hands in a Idon'tknow gesture, and he and his smiling passenger sped off, so as not to hold up traffic any more. Then a few seconds later it occurred to me he was referring to me running barefoot (with a daypack in a busy section of town late Friday afternoon). I really liked his coinage. I may have to get a t-shirt printed. I felt a little bad I didn't let him know in time that I had appreciated his designation.

Back home I had a nice mid-body st session, interrupted a bit by my wife and son. My son had a stomach bug and Ralphed on some of the weights. Lovely.

Saturday, had some early morning paperwork to get in the mail, so no Saturday morning long run, and then I ran some errands with the kids and went to the zoo for a bit while my wife attended her first U.S. citizenship class. Once we got home, I was dehydrated and decided to blow off the run for good, and took a nap with my wife and son. Oh well, just a little over 22 miles for the week, over four consecutive days--didn't make my 30mpw quota. Will try to get in a long run later today. Right now my legs are too tight from not stretching or rolling for a day and I need to rehydrate better. Plus it's raining.

Great stories everyone!

Sunday afternoon - made it out and did 6km on the beach. The sand was a bit soft in places, so I had to flounder along a bit. I also made the mistake of wolfing down three slices of home made pizza before I left - that wasn't a good idea at all. Kids everywhere on the beach, but none of them blew chunks on my apparatus, so I guess I should be thankful for that. :vomit:

Friday afternoon
2.3-mile run-commute home. I stopped by a booze shop near my office to pick up some McManis Petite Sirah, and stashed it in my new daypack. The 20-something hipsters working there had no problem, of course, with my bare feet. Running a coupla blocks farther on, an old pick-up truck loaded with junk slowed on a busy street with the freeway up ahead and the driver shouted "Excuse me sir, . . ." but I couldn't understand the rest with all the traffic noise around. I could see he had a green light and there was a guy behind him. I figured he was asking directions so I put my hand up to my ear to signal I hadn't heard him. He shouted it again with a gleeful grin, "You are an Asphalt Technician." At first I thought he was asking where an asphalt technician business was located so I put up my hands in a Idon'tknow gesture, and he and his smiling passenger sped off, so as not to hold up traffic any more. Then a few seconds later it occurred to me he was referring to me running barefoot (with a daypack in a busy section of town late Friday afternoon). I really liked his coinage. I may have to get a t-shirt printed. I felt a little bad I didn't let him know in time that I had appreciated his designation.

Back home I had a nice mid-body st session, interrupted a bit my wife and son. My son had some stomach bug and Ralphed on some of the weights. Lovely.

Saturday, had some early morning paperwork to get in the mail, so no Saturday morning long run, and then I ran some errands with the kids and went to the zoo for a bit while my wife attended her first U.S. citizenship class. Once we got home, I was dehydrated and decided to blow off the run for good, and took a nap with my wife and son. Oh well, just a little over 22 miles for the week, over four consecutive days. Will try to get in a long run later today. Right now my legs are too tight from not stretching or rolling for a day and I need to rehydrate better. Plus it's raining.

Great stories everyone!

T-shirt design:p1749254-486739-blue-foot-print-over-the-white-background.jpg