Xero Shoes will be on ABC's Shark Tank on February 1!

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Mark your calendars! Steven Sashen's company Xero Shoes (previously known as Invisible Shoes) will be on ABC's Shark Tank on Feburary 1 pitching his product to the five sharks. Be sure to tune in and watch! And spread the word, share with your Facebook, Twitter, and everyone else you can.

I'm guessing that the rebranding from Invisible shoes to Xero shoes has something to do with the show. I predict he gets a deal, and the Shark who gets the deal probably suggested the rebranding.

Reactions: dutchie53
Not at all what happened. I believe, the Xero Shoes name change happened prior to the game show and not because of it. Maybe I can get him to respond here. He can correct me if I am wrong.

Oh, and BTW, you can find us on Facebook or Twitter.

I'll be live Tweeting from @xeroshoes and with #SharkTank during the show.

Speaking of "during,"... the show airs 1 hour earlier on the East coast than it does here in Colorado! So my parents are getting a SlingBox so I can watch their TV over the Net ;-)

What time is it on EST? I will add it to the Calendar of Events here at the BRS and remind everyone about it. I still have more sharing to do, but you guys go ahead and share this info on your Facebook and Twitter pages, and tell them that Steven will be chatting with them live during the show. Cool! I'm excited to see you in action. It would have been really cute if they would have let you air your Sh!t Barefoot Runners Say video (http://www.invisibleshoe.com/1304/sht-barefoot-runners-say/) on the show! Ha!

I watch the show every week, I'm excited to see this one! Let's have a kind of informal bet on who gets the deal (we all know someone will give a deal, the sharks are smart enough to jump on a good product)

My first guess - Xero FUBU - makes sense anyway (FUBU stands for For Us By Us)

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Kevin O'Leary would probably try to get it so it could be licensed out to Nike.

OK, I am going to guess that he doesn't get the investment, as much as I want Steven to get it. (although would you want one of these sharks involved in your company?)

I have only seen a few of the episodes, so I probably don't know what I am talking about.

Do you think any of the Sharks have even heard of minimalist running? Let alone running in sandals or barefoot?

Market size. Is there enough of a market? Is the market already flooded with products? What's the competition? Possible market expansion? Using the shoes for casual wear, not just for running?

Price. This is something the sharks always key on. Enough of a profit?

In any event, it will be a great show. I know Steven will be very entertaining and the exposure to minimalist running will be great. Definitely watching this one.

Reactions: NickW
Don't forget! This is coming up!

Got it all set up on DVR to record this. Funny, but my wife loves this show but it kind of irritates me, but I will watch just because I am very curious to see what happen(s/ed). I just don't like seeing those greedy people dupe people for more that what they actually buy in for. Ah well I guess, I'm just a country bumpkin who doesn't understand the complexities of city and business life.

Who watched it? Ha, that was fun! I was beaming with pride for Steven and Lena. They may not have gotten the deal from the Sharks they wanted, but they did a helluva job representing and educating!

C'mon! Tell. What'd you think?

Who watched it? Ha, that was fun! I was beaming with pride for Steven and Lena. They may not have gotten the deal from the Sharks, but they did a helluva job representing and educating!

I agree also. Great Job Steven and Lena, loved how you held your ground. I'm sure the guy is a little extra mean for the show and might be different to work with, but I wouldn't want him owning half of the company. Entertaining segment and great exposure for your products and minimalist running.

I also thought Steven and Lena did a great job. They were definitely thinking on their feet, responding to the questions and comments (no pun intended). The one shark seemed very interested in the huaraches for running, not investing.

Even though they didn't get an investor, and in my opinion, did the right thing by rejecting the ridiculous offer they did get, I was so happy to see them getting national exposure to a great product.

I freely admit I ordered more Xero shoes too (yes, my name should be Huarache Junkie). Its hard to pass up the 20% sale until Feb. 7.

Well done Steven and Lena!!

I watched too and I felt the sharks had no interest in it from the get go because they have no knowledge about it. They felt it was a ridiculous notion and dismissed it before Steven and Lena opened their mouths. The one guy seemed interested for himself, but not as a business. They all seemed incredulous that anyone would not want extravagance and would want simplicity instead. They kept bringing up it's just a piece of rubber and string, over and over. Steven and Lena have a good product, even if they had rubbed me wrong in the past due to some older marketing, but the sharks were idiots who offered up ridiculous offers that no one in their right mind would take. Good on you guys and I don't really think you need those money grubbers to get in on your business. Once you let people like that in you lose some of the say in your company and the way it's ran.

I just read through this thread on my phone and know nothing about the show. Let me check if I'm understanding it correctly.

A group of bottom-feeding investment bankers interview, humiliate and rip-off enthusiastic and possibly naive small business people? For entertainment?

Interesting. Very interesting :p

Reactions: NickW

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts