Winter Liquid Trinity

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I went out for a nice brisk 28 degree run this morning, my coldest yet. VFF's for the weak, yes. So here's what I found for the Liquid Trinity:

First came the tears - not crying "waa!" They were just my eyes' adjustment medium for some reason and stopped after half a mile.

Next came snot, which lasted pretty much the rest of the run.

Then came the sweat, which started dripping after about 1.5 miles.

It was a brilliant, brisk 5 miles on a paved park loop, and I'm so glad to have my BF friends to share it with.

OH, god, snot! It's like a

OH, god, snot! It's like a greeting card from winter. Launch any snot rokets yet? Lol.

You're a braver man than I...I've been out at 32 degrees but no less.

Cheers!

I did a short 4mi run this

I did a short 4mi run this morning and it was about 40deg. I don't think I'll be doing much barefooting during the winter. Or I'm going to have to do it in the afternoons. The tears formed and the sweat was dripping, but thankfully, there wasn't much snot.

I actually carry a bandana

I actually carry a bandana for the nose and the brow. This morning it also served to help keep the hands warm as I traded it back and forth. Maybe I'll try gloves like sloutrina. The backs of my hands were COLD, though my fingers were fine. Winter cometh, and I don't like it!

I can recommend a good pair

I can recommend a good pair of xc ski gloves. They usually have terry gloth on the back of the thumbs for wiping purposes.

pbarker wrote:Sorry but I am

pbarker said:
Sorry but I am getting really good with the Turkish sneeze. Aways aim off the path

So thats what you call it. I do that all the time. A little rough though, when it's super cold and I have my neoprene ski mask on.

I was just bragging to my

I was just bragging to my husband tonight that I've gotten better at blowing snot rockets. I do still have to wipe on my sleeve afterward, so I'm not an expert yet--but I've gotten forceful enough that it I don't end up accidentally blowing the snot all over my face.

Running is SO sexy. :sick:

wow! so visual. i ALWAYS have

wow! so visual. i ALWAYS have a runny nose when i run and it gets worse when it;s cold out. was told everyone here in the NW has a runny nose. it's attributed to the mold in the air.

the bottom of my shirt usually works. now i use the sleeve of my sweater.

mike

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon