Winter Challenge - Links and Rules

Since the issues in the file from the last Winter Challenge were never fixed, and I've seen no mention of the challenge this year, I am guessing we are not doing it? No worries, I know there are a lot of other things to deal with concerning the site etc. I will do what I do in the winter regardless :) And won't have the extra step of documenting info in the file which will save me time to do other things :D
Could you please message Hikerdana through the site? Perhaps he could help.

Could you please message Hikerdana through the site? Perhaps he could help.

I had tagged him concerning the issues with the file from last challenge, and I thought I also sent him a message but if I did I do not see how to message him now. The problems with the document remain. Looks like he has not been on the BRS site in quite some time. Hope everything is ok, maybe just "life" which is what prevents me from being very active here too ;)

I had tagged him concerning the issues with the file from last challenge, and I thought I also sent him a message but if I did I do not see how to message him now. The problems with the document remain. Looks like he has not been on the BRS site in quite some time. Hope everything is ok, maybe just "life" which is what prevents me from being very active here too ;)
I will email him.

Sorry I am late to the party.

Hey, we are all busy (well, I know I am anyway!), no apologies necessary! I am not one to judge for certain, I am rarely here :oops:. Glad it was just life keeping you busy and MIA.
Now that you went ahead and set up the next spreadsheet, I may have to officially take part in the challenge again. (If I am honest, I was a little relieved to have the excuse that it just wasn't happening :sorry:...as I said to TJ when I asked about it - no worries, I'll do what I do in winter anyway, and at least wouldn't have to take the time to log my distance on the chart.) We shall see what happens...

Looks like I have the early lead!

On the day that Yvonne asked about this year's challenge, a neighbor asked me on my walk when barefoot season ends. I said in the teens if it's dry, around 40 when it's wet or snowy. If only everyone shoveled their walks in a timely manner!

Thanks to Hiker Dana for making this possible! It's good motivation for me, although I can't run anymore. I have a nice, daily two-mile dog-walking route through my neighborhood that nets about 215 in elevation gain.

Reactions: Bare Lee
My usual neighborhood 'Six Hills' walk--two miles. It covers 215 feet elevation gain. It felt fine, well within my tolerances, just annoyed by those little pebbles people put out to melt the snow.
I would love to be able to walk like that, without the salt rocks, yes.

Yah, how are your soles these days? Have they healed at all?
They're the same. I mean everything has been healed for a long time, but I am somewhat damaged by it all. I can walk. I can walk barefoot. I cannot walk barefoot or shod for very long. I can't be on my feet for long periods of time. I am barefoot all the time around the house and much of the time outdoors, but certain surfaces are painful now. Yet, shoes crowd my feet. I can only wear very flat shoes that have no support. Basically, my nerves are damaged from all the surgeries trying to repair what the shoes did to me. So, I live vicariously through all of you! Ha!

They're the same. I mean everything has been healed for a long time, but I am somewhat damaged by it all. I can walk. I can walk barefoot. I cannot walk barefoot or shod for very long. I can't be on my feet for long periods of time. I am barefoot all the time around the house and much of the time outdoors, but certain surfaces are painful now. Yet, shoes crowd my feet. I can only wear very flat shoes that have no support. Basically, my nerves are damaged from all the surgeries trying to repair what the shoes did to me. So, I live vicariously through all of you! Ha!
I'm sorry to hear that TJ. Thanks for putting up with us!

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
I'm sorry to hear that TJ. Thanks for putting up with us!
You're welcome. I made a commitment to help others so they don't suffer the way I do. I will stick with this for as long as I can.

Reactions: Bare Lee

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7