Winter barefoot running

running is my cross training

running is my cross training :-D...that being said, if I didn't LOVE it, I wouldn't do it ;-).

BTW....my teacher and friend is now running barefoot, and has joined our little BRS family....he'll probably lurk for a while :-D.

Nyal: 65 degrees, 37 minutes.

Nyal: 65 degrees, 37 minutes. Can ya beat that? :p It's my current coordinates according to Google Earth, my kitchen to be specific.

I also plan on doing some skiing this winter but I need to find a new pair of boots. They were on the narrow side even before I started barefooting. Also, I plan on going barefoot for as long as I can this winter, or fall rather. I'm curious to see how that'll work out. I need to keep my fitness though since I've got a 50k planned for early April next year.

swedishpimple wrote:Not to

swedishpimple said:
Not to get totally off topic... and hijack yet another thread... but...Does anyone cross county ski?I mean I see comments from runners that bike, swim, and find other ways to cross train... but as soon as the mention of snow comes up - everyone seems baffled at how to figure out how to run on/in the stuff.Just curious.S. Pimp.

Taught it for 10 years, averaged 110 days a season. Now a good year is 15 outings. It's called langrenn/langlauf for a very good reason!

I'll not be doing it barefoot though - toes don't fit in NNN bindings!

Nah, you beat me, you

Nah, you beat me, you reindeer herder.

Winters aren't too bad in

Winters aren't too bad in NC. On a sunny, dry day I can easily BF run in temps at/near freezing -- which is about as low as we tend to go here. The sun warmed pavement at 3pm is nice. If the ground is wet, my BFR limit is an air temp of around 45° F. For conditions below those limits I will run in a pair of SealSkinz waterproof socks or choose not to run. I don't run in snow, but I rarely need to worry about that.

I run because it's fun. If the weather makes it not fun, I'd rather do something else. I don't enjoy treadmills, so I don't use them. This year I have a membership to the YMCA and they have an indoor track. I may give that a try when the weather gets bad, but I don't have high hopes for it.

Peace,

Karen

peacekaren wrote:Winters

peacekaren said:
Winters aren't too bad in NC. On a sunny, dry day I can easily BF run in temps at/near freezing -- which is about as low as we tend to go here. The sun warmed pavement at 3pm is nice. If the ground is wet, my BFR limit is an air temp of around 45° F. For conditions below those limits I will run in a pair of SealSkinz waterproof socks or choose not to run. I don't run in snow, but I rarely need to worry about that.

Peace,

Karen

Good to hear Karen! We moved here a few months ago (Charlotte) from Minnesota and I was wondering what the winter BF running around here would be like!

J

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts