Weekly Mileage - 4th Week of 2012

I assume that's sarcasm,

I assume that's sarcasm, right? ;)

I just got back from doing 2 miles (2 laps) walking, but ran for 2 minutes during each lap. Totalled about 0.38 miles and 4 minutes, average pace of 10:28 min/mile, definitely my fastest pace so far. Also my longest continuous running distance so far (0.2 miles on the first lap, 0.18 on the second).

I plan on continuing to run for 2 minute of each lap this week (hopefully Wed and Fri), and then next week I'll decide if I want to bump it up or keep going at 2 minutes. I'm fairly out of breath after 2 minutes, but my legs also feel pretty tired. We'll see.

What I've been doing is just setting my iPhone timer for 2 minutes, starting it at a particular landmark, run until the timer runs out, note my position with another landmark, and then measure the distance on Google Earth.

I have MapMyRide that I

I have MapMyRide that I purchased for cycling, but have also used it for walking and running.

However I'm doing my own thing, as far as distance and amount of running and walking. MMR would show me total distance of the workout, and average speed and pace, but not solely for the running portion.

My E25K app displays average pace for both the walking and running portions, but for me, at this point, that app has too much running and not enouch recovery time. I'd rather just run for a distance during each 1 mile lap, and gradually increase that distance.

I'm kind of back and forth with regards to certain time or certain distance. Last week I just timed myself between 2 consecutive side streets, which just happened to be 1/8 mile apart. The time was 1:25. To go from that starting point to where I turn a street corner would be nearly 1/4 mile and I don't think I'm ready for that yet. So I figured this week I would try just going for 2 minutes and see how far that got me. Well it was within 300 feet of the 1/4 mile point, so I dunno I may just try to go that far next week. This week I'll keep on with the 0.2 mile intervals.

*edit* unless, MapMyRun can tell the difference between when I'm walking and when I'm running. Can it?

You can just finish one

You can just finish one portion, log it as a ride, then start a new one, and log it as a run. It would take about a 20 second stop between riding and maping and show them as two separate efforts and not one continuous effort.

4 miles for me this aftenoon.

4 miles for me this aftenoon. I'm also down about 5 lbs. from the last few weeks of running. It's kind of scary as I have been consuming a lot more beer too.

Hobbled to the doctor's

Hobbled to the doctor's office on crutches with one foot that could bear some weight and one that could bear none. When I bear weight on the one foot, it feels like I am being shocked by an electrical outlet. The severity of each shock depends on how much weight I place on it and for how long. Lovely. I won't even try to bear weight on the other one!

Barefoot TJ wrote:Hobbled to

Barefoot TJ said:
Hobbled to the doctor's office on crutches with one foot that could bear some weight and one that could bear none. When I bear weight on the one foot, it feels like I am being shocked by an electrical outlet. The severity of each shock depends on how much weight I place on it and for how long. Lovely. I won't even try to bear weight on the other one!

Yikes! I hope the return to health is fast for you. In the meantime, I hope you have lots of good books, or movies waiting for you. I can only imagine the cabin fever. May this be the beginning of the road for many not painful steps to come.

Thanks so much.  I hope so

Thanks so much. I hope so too. The BRS keeps me pretty busy with all the behind the scenes stuff...and the in front of the scenes stuff too, so it's been tolerable. But I have scooched my butt to the couch to watch a movie with my kids and hubby, so that helps, and getting out of the house today was nice. They tore up a large lot down the road, removing all the pine trees. Sucked seeing that though.

Yeah, Nick!

Yeah, Nick!

3.1 Barefoot at Lunch I've

3.1 Barefoot at Lunch

I've got two co-workers getting in the lunch routine with me - no takers on trying barefoot though.

Did my rest day 1 mile. I

Did my rest day 1 mile. I think the beer running streak is around 25. Love running through puddles barefoot!

Sunday: 1 hour spin in my

Sunday: 1 hour spin in my shed. By the time I decided it was time to run, I was knee deep in receipts/taxes.

Monday: Ran 7.51 miles and did a 45 minute spin in my shed.

Tuesday: Ran 8.37 miles.

Anyone mind if I use this

Anyone mind if I use this thread to bemoan my lack of mileage? My feet are sore as ever from two not so great runs in deep slushy snow over a week ago, and I'm paying for it. Did a test mile yesterday in thin socks at the gym track, and thought I would be building up again, but NO, my feet are saying no way. Going to give it at least another week. Sigh. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa

scedastic wrote:Anyone mind

scedastic said:
Anyone mind if I use this thread to bemoan my lack of mileage?

Why not? I do. Hee.

I got to walk (with my boot shoe and a croc to the tub, instead of scooching on my butt) down the hall to take a bath. Yeah me! I'm getting better just a little bit every day, but as long as I see progress each day, I can stay positive.

Heal up Scedastic! Running in the snow is something you need to build up to in very small increments over a long period of time. Dry cold is easier to handle though.

Barefoot TJ wrote:I got to

Barefoot TJ said:
I got to walk (with my boot shoe and a croc to the tub, instead of scooching on my butt) down the hall to take a bath.

We need a length in meters or feet report TJ. That should count towards the weekly mileage.

I ran a rather slow 4.39 miles before lunch.

2 miles total at lunch - 1.6

2 miles total at lunch - 1.6 walking and 0.4 running, same as Monday. Still getting a slight "twinge" in my left calf area, and sometimes those calf muscles will just feel weak for a second while walking.

The balls of my feet were still slightly tender from Monday, not back to 100%, but I went BF anyway. I may end up going in VFF's again on Friday.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts