Weekly Mileage - 4th Week of 2012

Sick and knees not great...

Sick and knees not great... but my kid asked for a stroller ride so I went a mile. That puts the runstreak at 26 days.

Rick Roeber has a run streak

Rick Roeber has a run streak that has lasted years. I can't remember how many years though.

I would have taken a bath in my bathroom which is just a few feet away, but the tub is way too deep and would have been too difficult to get in and out of. The other bathroom is on the other side of the house, so for me at this stage, it's quite a trek. Ha!

Yeah, the Beer Runner did a

Yeah, the Beer Runner did a runner with a dude when he hit 30 years in his run streak. Mine does not compare to those...but they too were at day 25 at one point.

3.5 Barefoot at

3.5 Barefoot at Lunch

60-degrees and sunny. It took me 3-1/2 weeks, but I ran a Marathon so far this year...Derp.

Nice 5 miles today.  Shaked a

Nice 5 miles today. Shaked a lot of aches out. A lady told me when I finished I was inspiring and asked why I had nothing on my feet. She asked about the five fingers too and I got to tell her how much better it was to run barefoot when I can. Maybe I'll see her out there soon?

You damn Austin hippies.. All

You damn Austin hippies.. All dirty and "weird" and what nots...

I think I did 4 the other day, then 6 today. I also went to the gym for the first time in YEARS. Managed to bench 230, which is more than I though I would get. After RR I plan on getting a membership. My goal is to get my bench back up to 350, and run a 100 at the same time. I think its doable.

Let us know how you feel

Let us know how you feel tomorrow, Nick, if you overdid it with just two miles.

I overdid it with maybe one pass down the hall too much with one Croc and one surgical shoe. I hurt something on the outer side of my "second" foot. It hurt like hell, was hot, throbbing, and I was starting to think I actually fractured it or something. Don't know how when I didn't even ram it against anything. I think I'm better now, but I'm afraid to put any weight on it to find out.

Oh TJ, we are a miserable

Oh TJ, we are a miserable pair right now arent we? I hope you get feeling better soon. I was feeling ok while walking but later on it tightened up on me and I had a hard time just walking around the house while I was cooking dinner. Thankfully it has loosened back up again a couple hours after that so maybe I didn't overdue the walking as bad as I was afraid I did. We'll see I guess come morning.

Your calves are tight?  I

Your calves are tight? I wonder if you are getting enough calcium and Vitamin D and magnesium.

Talk about being miserable, the antibiotics are doing a number on me already. I've been constipated for three weeks! Helps with not having to go to the potty as often, but it's no walk in the park! Hee. I'm going to stop taking them, and boost up my probiotics. I think I'm past getting an infection.

Why are we all up at two in

Why are we all up at two in the morning! People! Go to bed!

Lol!  It's only 11 here. 

Lol! It's only 11 here. Sorry to hear your constipated, I hate pain meds for that. After my back surgies I had to go through that for a little over a month the first time and nearly 3 months the second time. Not fun at all and I feel totally bad for you.

My calves didn't really feel tight at all, just that stupid heel pain. My dr said I have tight calves, but he didn't touch my calves so I'm curious how he came to that conclusion. Anyhow, my heel just starts hurting so incredibly bad that I can't hardly walk.

T.J.  - I HATE antibiotics. 

T.J. - I HATE antibiotics. No amount of probiotics deflect their evil ways. All I can say for constipation is Smooth Move Tea! But SIP it. It works really well.

Thanks, Jen.  I'm afraid to

Thanks, Jen. I'm afraid to take anything that will make me go and go and go, if you know what I mean. It would mean more trips to the potty, which would mean more pain on the feets. ;-)

Nick, there was like 10 or 15 people on the site, logged in and some other almost 20 not logged in reading the site when I wrote that.

Ask the docs, but I would wager that each person who has Achillles Tendonitis or Plantar Fasciitis also has tight calves. If you can work out the calves, you will speed up the healing in those areas. The reason is because it's all connective tissue. If you have tight calves, you can experience AT and PF. That's why your doctor didn't even have to check your calves to be sure.

NotSoDoomedRunner

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Maybe if you come here, TJ, you could catch the bug going around the office and even out.

Hahaha!

Oh and TJ, I feel fine this morning, so maybe I can go for a walk again today...... Maybe not so long this time.

57 minutes of the P90X

57 minutes of the P90X stretching video today. Combination of stretching and yoga. I can do all of the stretching and poses now, but my flexibility has gone in the crapper. Need to start doing this and the actual P90X yoga video more.

Thursday: Absolutely freakin'

Thursday: Absolutely freakin' nothing!

Friday: 7.65 mile run before lunch that started with sun & 63 degrees & ended with raining cats & dogs and dropping down to 54 degrees with 15 mph winds (burr).

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:Maybe

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
Maybe if you come here, TJ, you could catch the bug going around the office and even out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! sigh.