Weekly Mileage 1st week of 2012!

Ran 4 Thursday, leg is

Ran 4 Thursday, leg is feeling great! Taking today of for new employee orientation for the new company I'll be working for starting Monday.

I think I'll do a double this weekend, at least a 10/10, maybe longer.

Nine miles last night, 3

Nine miles last night, 3 miles bare and 6 in the Zem 360's.

That's wondeful, Chaser.  I

That's wondeful, Chaser. I hope the new job works out well, and you like it.

Grabbed 6 at 4:00 this

Grabbed 6 at 4:00 this morning. Best way to start your day!

TJ, I think the new company will be a huge improvement! They even do rope access!!!!!!!!

13.4 miles barefoot in

13.4 miles barefoot in Central Park this morning. This time last year I was on XC skis there - today the temperature was around 16/62!

Where's winter?

Finished my week this

Finished my week this afternoon with a quick 4.5 mile run for a total of 35.44 miles.

Sitting at 26 miles plus with

Sitting at 26 miles plus with another 6 miles tonight for a total of 32 miles.

What does that mean, rope

What does that mean, rope access, Chaser? Or is that entering dangerous territory? ;-)

posted this in the Maffetone

posted this in the Maffetone thread but it kind of developed into something that belongs here:

Did about 16km (~10 miles) today, with my new watch - first strict HR run I've done in a long time, since last winter in fact. Averaged 125bpm and kept 134 as my max. Every time I would hit that, I backed off and walked until my pulse dropped into the low 100s. It took a total of 2:18 to complete but there was a lot of walking involved because of gradients. I think my pace at MAF on level ground is actually somewhat better than it was last year. Now I want to do a MAF test and find out ...

Also, it was an adventurous run, lol! Low 30s but BF and in skimpy shorts again. A lot of the route took us (Leni and I) across flooded fields and mucky, slippery trails (which, now that I think about it, also played a role in slowing the pace so much). We had to cross a trench in one of the flooded fields and I went to a spot where I know there's a narrow 'land bridge' to get across, but I couldn't tell exactly where it was. Well, I got it half right. Stepped out with my left foot through the reeds and got lucky. But when I stepped with the right foot - ker sploosh! - down I went, right up to my belly button, in icy water, a mile from home. Half naked. In January. YEAHHHHHH!
smile.png

I love that stuff.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7