We have 1500+ BRS Members...where are you all?

Yes, Shel pulled the acronyms

Yes, Shel pulled the acronyms out at the same time, and we still decided to go with BRS. I do have a Wiki editor account, but I don't have time to use it. FNG-Oscar Mike and I have been trying to get Jason on there for awhile, but they keep kicking it back to us. If anyone can get a Wiki entry to stick, please contact me or Oscar. (Who's on his honeymoon right about now. ;-) ) Thanks.

Hey,I'm here, 26 years old

Hey,

I'm here, 26 years old from Central Kentucky, and have been checking out the board for a little while now, but I haven't previously posted. I'm still relatively new to running, which I took up a couple years ago, after being an avid bicyclist for practical and recreational reasons, and playing ultimate frisbee. Yet, when my partner and I returned to Kentucky from Portland, OR, were expecting the birth of our son, now 15 months old, and my paycheck job required driving, biking was not as practical and I took up running, which has continued largely thanks to jogging strollers.

Like many others, I began BR running largely due to injury. I initially developed PF after a several months of running in shoes, hobbled around, and took much of last winter off and picked up running again this past spring, mostly in shoes, but also doing a little experimenting in BF running. However, I once again became plagued with PF and decided I need to change what was on my feet. I went to the local running shoe store, which advertised help for heel pain on its large sign and talked to one of the employees. By this time, I was skeptical of the modern running shoe, but the employee convinced me into thinking that my problem was I needed an even fancier shoe with more support and control, rather than less, so I came out with an expensive pair of Brooks. After initially thinking that the new stability shoes might be helping, the pain in my left heel once again increased.

Now, I have been doing almost everything, including running, completely barefoot for over a month, with zero heel pain. Before losing the shoes, I was up to running nearly 40 miles a week and hoping for a half and possibly full marathon this fall and winter. Of course, I have had to put that on the back burner and drastically reduce my mileage. However, I have been trying to patiently build my mileage back up without doing too much too soon. My longest barefoot run thus far has been 6 miles and though I won't be running the half marathon that I hoped to do at the end of the month, I am instead signed up for a 5k that I look forward to running barefoot.

The barefoot 5K totally blows

The barefoot 5K totally blows the shod half out of the water! Welcome, James Glad you're no longer lurking.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7