We have 1500+ BRS Members...where are you all?

barefoot.zumba.runner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Come out come out wherever you are, introduce yourselves. We look forward to meeting you.

Don't forget to add yourself to the member map so you can be available (if you want) to connect with others in your area. Check out your local Chapter for information on group runs and events near you.

Thanks, Zum.We actually have

Thanks, Zum.

We actually have something like 1,631 members, but BB has blocked 425 (or so), since they are spammers according to spamming sources, so that means we really only have 1,206 (at this time) legitimate members. Anyway, those are the latest number reports. Of that, plenty of them are hiding. ;-)

Yea TJ, I notice some of the

Yea TJ, I notice some of the users who register and assume that people like freesxvdeo and xxxbovines aren't too interested in barefoot running.

BB's got our back!

BB's got our back!

I think a lot of them might

I think a lot of them might be the "Oh whatever, I'll register here and never check it out again." types. But the rest are just lurking around silently. My chapter is made entirely of people from either of these two groups.

39 years old from NJ. 20

39 years old from NJ. 20 months old daughter. wife not into running. 5 years running. 4 years in shoes (2 NYC marathons, 3:30 best time), 1 year in VFF (18 miles longest run). 3 months BF (4 miles longest run). it is funny to see people wondering how I can run in 44 F temperature. unfortunately, I will need my VFF for winter. I do not post much but visit the forums everyday.

thanks for checking in Lu

thanks for checking in Lu ;)

I'm with you in not looking forward to running in shoes for winter either, I'm sort of in denial about it actually coming to that.

What do you mean barefootxxxinthekitchen wasn't let in?? :p

Hiya, Roger from Southport,

Hiya,

Roger from Southport, NW England here. Running bare since Feb. Partner who won't even go barefoot round the house, sigh.

Had our first frost of the year yesterday, brrr. Whilst out running had my first "my goodness, dear, are you warm enough?" comment of the season :)

Hi all,I'm a nearly 35 year

Hi all,

I'm a nearly 35 year old recreational runner from Michigan. Been running off and on for nearly 15 years, but never very seriously 3-4 miles max at a time. I always suffered from a lot of injuries running, mostly knee problems.

This year a friend of mine was getting into running and took a class called good form running and told me about it. They video them running in shoes and then running barefoot to show them the difference. This got me investigating BFRing and I started working on fixing my form and slowing building up BFR with shod running.

Now I'm running more than I ever have, my knees feel great and I ran my first half marathon on Oct. 3 in 1:43 (w/ shoes) and will be running another on Oct. 30 most likely with shoes as well. I haven't quite got my BF mileage up enough for the half.

Anyway, BF running has definitely helped me become a better runner, which is exactly what I was hoping it would do and I have a lot of fun running BF too!

Did MM CAW register yet? I'm

Did MM CAW register yet? I'm hearing through the grapevine that he had some sort of breakdown.

barefoot ramzev wrote:Did MM

barefoot ramzev said:
Did MM CAW register yet? I'm hearing through the grapevine that he had some sort of breakdown.

Yea, Peter had his breakdown over in RW he might be still snuggling with his mama.

As for me, I would love to hang around here much more often but the most posts I can post are three before my computer like MM CAW breaks down.

Now that's what I like to

Now that's what I like to see, welcome folks! Hi regulars!

Um, MM CAW? I'm clueless, RWOL is like a distant memory

I think MM CAW was before

I think MM CAW was before your time on RW. His "real" name is Peter.

Hi, I'm Blind Boy and I'm an

Hi, I'm Blind Boy and I'm an addict.

Wait, this isn't Barefoot Runners Anonymous? Nevermind then... :party:

About the spam suff, according to my count about half of the new accounts since we opened to the public have been spammers. Most of them haven't done anything though so that's something at least. I plan on checking all the new accounts once every weekend so if you want an accurate member count, have a look at the bottom of the forum index on Sunday nights.

BTW, TJ, what would the acronym for Barefoot Runners Anonymous be? Yeah, I'm bad... 8)

That was an acronym we used

That was an acronym we used at "that other site" when we were hashing out what to call it, except I think it was like Barefoot Runners Association or something like that. We decided to go with mine, because, well, it was the best. :)

Both acronyms are being used

Both acronyms are being used about equaly, with BRS slightly in the lead.

Anyone here Wiki savy enough to get us on the BRS acronym list?

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts