wanna be a barefoot rebel

CocoNut

Barefooters
Jul 17, 2011
It is a good day to run!

Hi, Everyone! I was so impatient to have my application approved here that I emailed TJ and she put me on the fast track to the inner circle! LOL! So here I am!

I learned about this site from the forums at Lose It! where there is a nice little community of runners who post a weekly thread. Most are shod, but now and then someone asks about VFF's or barefooting and that is how I came across this link.

A little over a year ago, our local REI store had Christopher MacDougal here for a little class (and promo stop for his newly published book) on barefoot running which I attended out of curiosity. Since then I've been learning and growing as a minimalist runner. I currently run in either my VFF's or a pair of Saucony Kinvara's. I bought the Kinvara's because of difficulty with rocks and sticks under the VFF's as well as cold weather.

I am here to see if I can attempt to truly become a sole-free runner! Thanks for being here and for all of your wisdom and guidance!

I was going to call her Coco,

I was going to call her Coco, but since Phil's already called her Nut. I will go with that.

Welcome, Nut! We're here to help you shed those soles, it that's what you wish. Otherwise, have you tried the trail versions of the VFFs? Look into the Treks.

Welcome Nut!  The BFS is the

Welcome Nut! The BFS is the best for support and community, particularly if you haven't yet found any local BF/minimalist runners. Depending on where you are, likely there is a state/local BRS chapter you can join.

Happy running,

Sara

Welcome, CocoNut! Nice to

Welcome, CocoNut! Nice to meet you :)

I am a barefoot

I am a “barefoot rebel!”

I go barefoot year-round and everywhere (yes, in Iowa!) with no foot problems whatsoever.

So, my advice to you is, be a rebel!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon