Video Clip - Facts?

This is basically just bad

This is basically just bad journalism. From the beginning the piece equates running in minimal shoes with running barefoot. And the reporter's sources have a really small range of viewpoints. The reporter interviewed a shoe seller, an elite athlete, and another, different shoe seller who likes minimal shoes. Not one of them actually appeared to have run barefoot. Duh.

I saw this a few days ago. 

I saw this a few days ago. What ticks me off is the shoe store guy tells the reporter that they're seeing a huge increase in stress fractures associate with barefoot running. AGAIN, people wearing minimalist shoes are telling their doctors that they were running barefoot when in fact, most of them were wearing minimalist footwear. Many people assume people who run in something like the VFFs are running barefoot. Is anyone actually asking, were you skin to ground when this happened? I'm not saying it doesn't happen to barefoot runners; of course, it does. But how about reporting on how many stress fractures the shod runners experience each year? The numbers there are huge, but they don't bring that up. Without evidence, it doesn't necessarily mean that barefoot running or shod running causes this, but rather, perhaps it is a weakness in the runner that is exposed by the act of "running," i.e., bone density, weak foot muscles that don't support the structure of the foot as they should, etc.

The tool at Trak Shak has

The tool at Trak Shak has never tried it. What Stomper said, budget journalism.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts