Training Advice Needed

Jimmy Hart wrote:  After

Jimmy Hart said:
After that get your legs ready for a race .......

How do I get ready? Rest?

mostly because you need

mostly because you need freshness for speed. listen to runners at a track meet after they've run a slow time and you'll hear things like feeling tired, not recovered, it's early in their training so they new the legs wouldnt be there. all of those phrases mean "my legs aren't fresh and they lack strength and speed because of it"

O.K., so if a runner had only

O.K., so if a runner had only one goal, the next race, and didn't care about staying healthy or fit, but wanted the best possible performance for the event, ignoring any future training impact.

How many days total rest from running with just stretching and massage would be the ideal?

i would say two.  maybe a

i would say two. maybe a light easy run two days out but for a 5k like you're running i would say that run should be no more than a couple miles just to keep the legs loose. outside of that i would say a couple days rest to make sure the muscle fibers were well rested and given plenty of time to heal from your training is ideal. do all the pre-hydration, nutrition stuff you should do for a race and you should be well ready.

Getting a little greedy there

Getting a little greedy there in your new found running-self, huh Board? ;-)

More like embracing the AW

More like embracing the AW thing in order to promote the BRS .

I decided on a 1.6 mile run today and came in at a 9:08 pace.

I'll rest Fri and Sat (or not run at least), and shoot for a 27-28 5K Sunday.

I biked and skated today as well (plus worked of course) but running was still the biggest challenge as far as timing when to eat, etc.

Flying, cycling, boarding, and blading were always challenging as far as planning, but BF running is still the king. Had to time it as far as asphalt surface heating, belly & bowell emptying (TMI?), proper fueling, and that's just for a mini run by anybody's standard!

Remember, it's STILL mostly your fault!

Longboard wrote:More like

Longboard said:
More like embracing the AW thing in order to promote the BRS... Remember, it's STILL mostly your fault!

We'll take it anyway we can get it.

Hey! All I know is when you first came to "that other forum," you were mostly just hanging out, chilling with the peeps, weren't really a runner, but definitely a barefooter. I told you we would make a barefoot runner out of you yet...and so we did. Ptttth!

Yeah, but today when my

Yeah, but today when my on-line bearing supplier's e-mail arrived, I deleted it before drooling over how frictionless their new ABEC's glide.

Who would have thunk it 8 months ago?

Believe it or not, that's how long it's been.

I'm still not good at running, but I can at least make a decent BF impression,

especially for my age.

Longboarding away from the winner's stand would just be icing on the cake.

Remember that NC thread?

If I ever made it there, how would I ever live down running that OBX event instead of surfing, paddling, or skating?

Longboarding away from the

Longboarding away from the winner's stand would just be icing on the cake. Yea but doing it while riding barefoot, as I know you will, would put a cherry on top.

I don't remember the NC thread. I must have been busy over here. Enlighten me, please.

Ah, yes!  A trip down

Ah, yes! A trip down memory-lane. I was there. And like I said before, whether you run or not, I'm glad you're here, Board. You bring enlightenment and understanding of what it means to be barefoot. What's refreshing is now that you have actually picked up running, you will be able to share in a whole new way.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts