Torn Paroneus Longus Getting Better

NotSoDoomedRunner

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
I went to the doc for my check-up today. Two months of not running and 5 weeks in a boot and it appears to be healing surprisingly well. So well that next Monday I start physical therapy and began to get some time out of the boot. I will get more through the month and in 4 weeks should be out of the boot and beginning to run. The PT place has a treadmill that carries some of my weight so they can add more and more back until I am running. It definitely feels super weak, but I am pretty happy.

Good news Doomed. It's so hard not to run, isn't it?

It's so hard to be "me" when I can't run! It's hard to not have the best stress reliever ever... now, I am already so fearful of getting back on the road, at least with any "speed." It will be a long time before I go all out. But really, it will be a month until I am out of the boot completely and even then, running will be light.

Interesting, I also had tendinitis across the foot. I'm not sure if I spelled that right. Where is spell check??? It actually feels more stiff than where the tear was. Apparently they have a treadmill at the PT that will take some of my weight so they can get me gradually back into it.I did the elliptical today, per doc permission. It was odd. I'm not very good at that. I have to wear a suit every day and walk around the Capitol. It will be nice to do it in shoes.

I have to be honest, I'm thinking about something cushioned for when I first come back to running. I am kinda gunshy.

Reactions: NickW
I am getting more and more nervous about losing the boot this early. I think I feel phantom pain. When I touch were my foot hurts though, it is on the top, not the PL tendon... so I think it is in my head or from the boot itself. I am sure the doc would have not progressed me if he did not feel I was ready. I asked about an ankle brace and he does not think I will need one. Ugh. Well, I guess I can talk to the PT about it Monday.

But I am so ready to run. But very very slowly for a long, long time. I am also thinking of something like those altra 0 drop shoes with cushioning to ease back into it, but I am not sure. I am stressing out a bit about it. Normally I run to get rid of stress, but you know.

Careful with the thicker Altras Doomed. They are extremely inflexible and for me, caused a lot of lower leg pain. I've actually heard that complaint a lot about their thicker models. Zero drop means nothing if the shoe is like strapping a 2x6 to your foot.

Just updating. I think I am a couple weeks from running. I ran over a mile (barefoot) on the unloader treadmill that made harnassed me up and took about 1/3 of my weight off. I just sit shaking most the time wanting to run.

Reactions: scedastic
Just updating. I think I am a couple weeks from running. I ran over a mile (barefoot) on the unloader treadmill that made harnassed me up and took about 1/3 of my weight off. I just sit shaking most the time wanting to run.
You are getting there!
Funny when I first glanced at this post I just saw the "took about 1/3 of my weight off" and I thought
1. didn't know he had that much to lose and
2. wow, i totally gained weight when i couldn't run
:wacky:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts