Thinking about joining another forum

rickwhitelaw

Barefooters
Apr 27, 2011
Beryl Utah
Like I have time, I can barely keep up with the BRS, but I stumbled across this one the other day. http://backcountrypost.com/forum/ Great hikes and photos and a similar format.

That brings up the question, what other forums are you involved in? (Mike and Jen, no need to answer)

I have an account over at Runner's World, but I have only posted twice. Other than that, only the BRS. I did stumble across a farm equipment forum once when I wondered what conditions you would use a tandem disk vs. an offset disk. Question answered without me even joining.

hey now. i only check out a couple of other running forums and nothing else. now i can show you some entertainment when you're here. as far as jen, you'll have to be pretty adventurous to see some of hers.

I lurk a bit at RunningAhead. It's where I keep my log, so I'm there almost daily. I've re-discovered my original outdoor passion of mountain biking (just got a new bike, happy early birthday to me!) so I've been spending inordinate amounts of time on MTBR's forums. I don't post much here any more, now that I've gone over to the dark side of running shod, but I'm always lurking.

I'm a recovering forum junkie and have memberships at many forum sites, from golf to home improvement to technology and mobile devices, but I don't visit many of them any more.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Poor Rick learned from me how I got put on my "one-drink-per-event-limit". Don't worry, I won't repost those photos! I have given up kissing Mike's toes in public, since then! Brine Shrimp is very happy about this!

Jen and Mike know I just giving them some grief.

I lurk a bit at RunningAhead. It's where I keep my log, so I'm there almost daily. I've re-discovered my original outdoor passion of mountain biking (just got a new bike, happy early birthday to me!) so I've been spending inordinate amounts of time on MTBR's forums. I don't post much here any more, now that I've gone over to the dark side of running shod, but I'm always lurking.

I'm a recovering forum junkie and have memberships at many forum sites, from golf to home improvement to technology and mobile devices, but I don't visit many of them any more.

I enjoy mountain biking also, but it's a little hard on my knees. My son loves it. Our little ski resort area has some good trails.

Always so hard on yourself about the shoes. You still have a lot of advice and humor to give around here.

Poor Rick learned from me how I got put on my "one-drink-per-event-limit". Don't worry, I won't repost those photos! I have given up kissing Mike's toes in public, since then! Brine Shrimp is very happy about this!

One drink limit you say? Then I'll schedule a BRS meetup in Las Vegas. Those souvenir drinks range in size from 50 to 100 oz. http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2009/4/1/194517/3027/vegas-travel/Five Oversized Souvenir Drinks to Try (Responsibly) in Vegas

iRunfar.com

A good one for sure, but I was thinking forums where you chit chat and post things that would get you into trouble if you spouse reads them.

Reactions: jldeleon and NickW
I can solve your bike knee problem: a new bike:). The new lower gearing options allow for a smoother high-cadence stroke. a double benefit of keeping short strides and higher running cadence is that I'm no longer 'mashing' as much as I used to. I joke about the shoe thing, but I'm actually good with it; I'm running good weekly mileage and building with little issues aside from the typical post-run soreness on long run days...the aches I have now are the same ones I had when running stg.

I bet Utah has great biking options. Ours aren't too shabby either. Here's the view for one of our rest stops yesterday:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373923602.546443.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373923578.751807.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373923578.751807.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Bare Lee
I post on RunningAhead, though not on the barefoot forum. I keep an eye out on RWOL, mostly because I'm the captain of one of the 2013 in 2013 miles game teams. Which is funny, since I've logged about 30 miles so far this year. But I'm reliably online, and a fairly good cheerleader!

Looks nice Lomad. Is that fire haze in the distance? The West is on fire this summer.

I should say used to have knee problems since I haven't tried technical trails on a bike this year. My knees are in much better shape. I might surprise myself.
That view is back towards the metro area. I'd imagine the haze is from the air stagnation we've been enjoying in the valley lately. I don't know of any specific fires in that direction Sunday. No knee issues, but my elbow is pretty sore from my one crash. New, modern mountain bike encourages me to go just a tad above my skill level!

Reactions: NickW

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7