Things that make you want to go run

Art

Barefooters
Jun 24, 2010
Non-BFR- or minimalist-running-related: I know not everyone is trying to go fast or run competitively, but I found this article from (yes) Runner's World very inspiring today. I'm curious -- without trying to open a debate about whether speed is desirable -- do others find this sort of story gets their blood going?

I'm sitting here at work itching to go for a run (and to push the pace a little more too). In fact, I can barely contain myself...can't wait to tear up some cold dark trail tonight!

This is an awesome story. 

This is an awesome story. Stuff like this definitely makes me want to go do some speedwork.

But what makes me want to run? Mostly it's just the fact that I haven't run that day that makes me want to go again. It's been a part of my day for so long, I couldn't imagine not doing it.

I always think of running

I always think of running when I'm driving. Driving sucks and I spend too many hours doing it every day. I listen to pop-dance-crap radio stations and just think of runnnnnninnnnngggggggg... Hate to say it but Lady Gaga and Katy Perry really get my feet itching.

I didn't read the article,

I didn't read the article, but I know that Buzz and the resulting itch to get out there and feel the burn, go for it, feel the wind in my hair...

I know now that if I breathe slowly and put my head down between my knees, it'll pass.

I've been listening to my body, and it's been saying Whoaaaaaa! Take it easy there pardner!

Maybe it's the weather.

Barefoot Mary wrote:I always

Barefoot Mary said:
I always think of running when I'm driving. Driving sucks and I spend too many hours doing it every day. I listen to pop-dance-crap radio stations and just think of runnnnnninnnnngggggggg... Hate to say it but Lady Gaga and Katy Perry really get my feet itching.

When I'm driving and I see someone running, I feel like jumping out of the car and joining them.

Saypay: what about those days

Saypay: what about those days when you've already run and can't help but go out and run some more? I've had this video have that effect on me. At the risk of spurring someone (myself?) on to TMTS, we *are* almost always capable of more than we realize.

The weather, certain songs,

The weather, certain songs, running stories, it could be anything... they romanticize running, sometimes making it seem like something it's really not, but at least providing a light in the dark to lead me outside.

And when I am running, it's totally different every time, but it's almost always better.

I'm a sucker for inspiring

I'm a sucker for inspiring stories as well. I just more than doubled my trail mileage in vffs from 4ish to 9ish after reading Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner by Dean Karnazes. My feet seemed to handle it okay, but I promptly came down with an upper respiratory virus :(

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts