The BRS Rocky Raccoon Thread.

I would figure so, lol. So

I would figure so, lol. So the MT110s are not an option for RRUM? Any reason? They seemed like a perfect shoe for really long trail runs.

By the way, I know you are

By the way, I know you are looking for a trailer hook up, but if you need tent space, we can do our best to squeeze all in that we can on our sites of course... sorry if I already said that. I'm drunk.

Eh, I won't be using the

Eh, I won't be using the MT110s for picky reasons- 4mm heel messes with my knee, fit isn't great for my foot, stack height is a little too high for my liking. They're pretty good shoes, though. It's about as maximal as a shoe I'd use for really rough stuff... probably slightly too much overkill for a course like RR (for us anyway.)

If I don't go barefoot, I'll probably use the opportunity to test out some new stuff from Merrell and Inov-8.

I'm not quite sure what we're doing for accomodations. We originally planned on heading to Florida between Bandera and RR, but it looks like we're heading to CA instead. In all likelihood, we'll end up flying from CA to TX for RR. If we do, we may take you up on the tent offer. Or we may get a hotel... it's like a vacation away from the kids.
wink_smile.gif

I may even still go barefoot,

I may even still go barefoot, but this foot injury has me wanting somthing to at least train in for now. We have 2 sites with 2 people on each together, so I'm sure as long as your tent is not nuts it will fit.

I've heard mixed things about the hotels there. Some say they are fine, others run into all the mules for the prison.

We're pretty cool about the

We're pretty cool about the "watch out for the bad part of town/hotel/state" thing. You should see the meth head parks we've stayed at. We'd be lucky to see three teeth in the entire park. I'd kill for a hotel with mules... they're passive bitches (subservient to prisoners, not a dis on women) that can't run fast with all that paraphernalia stuffed up their ass. And I've found being barefoot, semi-homeless, poorly dressed, and sporting a rapist-looking beard tends to ward off... well, anyone except security personnel. WE'RE the people others are warned to avoid.

To touch or not to touch? 

To touch or not to touch? That is the question.

(No subject)

:smile:

Finally back to some real

Finally back to some real running and will be turning up the training this week. I am looking to get in 70ish miles this week and then two 100 mile weeks and then taper. I'm leaning towards Luna sandals for the race but will do MT 110s if it is wet.

Ill be barefoot. Jason, I

Ill be barefoot. Jason, I wear a 11.5~13 depending on name brand, lol. My KSO's are a 41 I think, and their a tad bit too snug. I could use some good shoes for the more technical ultras I will be running this year...

I got in 48 or so miles last week (first full week back from an injury) and hope to get in a good solid 52 this week. I did ALOT of trail running last week and wow, what a difference! I love it!

@Dave - where did you get

@Dave - where did you get your MT 110s?

@Jason - what size are you looking to unload?

@Chase - you will need some protection at Bandara and Cactus Rose. I've run out there in Lunas but don't think 50 or 100 miles would be possible on that course in something like that. It is probably the most gnarly course in Texas.

Chaser- the MT110s are a 12,

Chaser- the MT110s are a 12, they should fit. Email me your address; I'll send them out ASAP. Or I can give them to you at Bandera (shelly's running it.)

Bubba- what size do you wear? I usually have a pretty good stream of shoes I have to unload after reviewing.

Jason, I couldnt find your

Jason, I couldnt find your email address, so I sent you a PM with my address. Feel free to throw in some BRS stickers, autographed shirtless pics, other pairs of minimalist shoes, or any other free schwag / interesting sh!t you can think of! A poor, uneducated, lower class white boy like myself loves free stuff! lol!!!

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:I

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
I got mine at Rogue in Austin. Turns out I wear a 9.5 in these shoes.
Cool, I'll have to check around here and see if anyone has them in stock. Running Warehouses has them on pre-order and not available until Jan 16. I have not bought any foot ware in over a year now... I feel dirty for talking about buying something :~

Last Place Jason

Last Place Jason said:
Chaser- the MT110s are a 12, they should fit. Email me your address; I'll send them out ASAP. Or I can give them to you at Bandera (shelly's running it.)

Bubba- what size do you wear? I usually have a pretty good stream of shoes I have to unload after reviewing.

I'm a 13 or 14 depending on the shoe, so hit me up if you ever need a guest reviewer for giant shoes!

Last Place Jason

Last Place Jason said:
I'm a 13 or 14 depending on the shoe, so hit me up if you ever need a guest reviewer for giant shoes!

Damn, everything I get are 12's. If I do ever have a need for guest reveiewers (mostly when I already know I won't like a particular shoe), I'll keep you in mind!
Ha! I haven't bought a pair of shoes in about 18 months and my cat is probably more qualified than me to write reviews.

I reviewed them and like them

I reviewed them and like them pretty well, but it can be quite odd to have the instability that a shoe adds. When my feet turn I feel a lag I never used to feel between my foot and the shoe. It is not minimalist, but I still like it for what I'm using it for. Makes me more likely to try out a Minimus or something in the future.

Had a crapton of amazon gift

Had a crapton of amazon gift cards so I got some nice camping gear today! Wife wants to go on some camping trips as well. Got a nice 3 room tent for Jim and I. Will work great for the family too. No heater though. Any of you have experience with those tent heaters? Seem a bit much. In the Army, I just got naked in my sleeping bag.

NotSoDoomedRunner wrote:I

NotSoDoomedRunner said:
I reviewed them and like them pretty well, but it can be quite odd to have the instability that a shoe adds. When my feet turn I feel a lag I never used to feel between my foot and the shoe. It is not minimalist, but I still like it for what I'm using it for. Makes me more likely to try out a Minimus or something in the future.
I thought you did a nice job on your review.

I have really enjoyed the MT 101 and just wished that it came in a wide and now MT 110 offers a wide. I never really noticed the 10 mm drop on the 101 because I typically only use them on rocky trails and am not anticipating any issues from the 4 mm drop.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway