Terrain Transition... A Bumpy Road Ahead?

Yeah I guess all sizes come

Yeah I guess all sizes come in all degrees of nastiness. Surely different kinds of rocks break differently at the quarry or where ever they come from.

.5" to  0.75" x 0.75" x 1". 

.5" to 0.75" x 0.75" x 1". = what is called 2A crushed stone around here, and is my bane. Someday I might have the plantar facial gumption to blythely charge across it, but I'm not there yet. As much as anything, my Bikilas are an answer to 2A. Shudder.

That's cool to have a goal to

That's cool to have a goal to "build" up to. Please let us know how your progress goes.

That makes me wonder if your feet get tougher in VFFs? I ran with a friend over some real rough ground a couple months back and the next day we were both tender footed. He was in VFFs and I wasn't so it made me think that the soles in them must be thin enough to toughen your feet.

I think you might get SOME

I think you might get SOME conditioning...but not much...in my 7 mile trail run with them this week, there def. would have been places I would have gotten several stone bruises on my arch, which I don't mind at all, but didn't due to the VFFs....and had absolutely NO tenderness....

conversely, yesterday I ran 5.5 total road miles, one of which was on new chipseal, bare, and still feel it a little today :-D

But since that was my only VFF run to date, I don't know how long I'd have to run on them to "feel" it later....the trail I ran ends with a mile of that 2a stuff.

I've been going back and

I've been going back and forth between BF and Bikilas lately. I think my sole conditioning backslides in the VFFs. but nothing like they would in coffins. It's relative.

This is great stuff if you

This is great stuff if you think about it. And only such a tiny drop in this sea of bare foot information.

Wouldn't it be cool to catalog all the discussion results on this massive forum to compile a definitive guide on BF running dynamics, principles, etc? I wish I had the time to sign up for that job.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7