Tender soles?

5t3ph4n13

Barefooters
Jan 29, 2012
Someone mentioned on my Woo-hoo, 10 miles thread about sole tenderness. I did experience a little tenderness around mile 8 of that run until the end at 10.5 miles. Today, I ran 12 miles and experienced the same thing at about the same distance (about 8 miles). I was able to go the full 12 miles I had planned but I was wondering if this sole tenderness goes away as you begin run these longer distances regularly? My legs were fine, the only thing stopping me from going farther was my feet. I run on rough asphalt sidewalks and chip/seal roads but I am hoping to do more trail running once I find some near me to train on. Ideally, I want to do both road races and trails so I'm not looking to switch over to just trails even if I wouldn't experience sole tenderness (and from what I've seen written here there is a completely different type of sole conditioning going on in trail running).

Patience my young one... Patience.

And, lots and lots of miles...

Stick with it. Your soles will toughen up and you'll pass this hurdle then you'll hit the next one (whatever that one is).

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7