Teaching my first class

When I was in the Marine Corps we had someone in our division with the last name Ho and another with the last name Horr. Horr was quite a large guy (read as: enough muscles for three average guys) so you didn't make fun of his name at all. haha. I guess that is one way of dealing with it. On another note, there is someone in the class with the last name of Butters...I know I am immature because I can't help but think of South Park.

Reactions: NickW
jen,

i don't think dick sass beats bob mike hawk. say it fast. bob mike hawk. real name there people.

Boy, you all are reminding me of the torment I had growing up with both my first and last name... My wife one day when we were talking about names for our son asked me what kind of names I was called as a kid. She was shocked at how many different variations there were when I started rattling off all of them.

When I was in the Marine Corps we had someone in our division with the last name Ho and another with the last name Horr. Horr was quite a large guy (read as: enough muscles for three average guys) so you didn't make fun of his name at all. haha. I guess that is one way of dealing with it. On another note, there is someone in the class with the last name of Butters...I know I am immature because I can't help but think of South Park.
BUTTERS?!
You should sing that person "loo loo loo I like apples loo loo loo you do too" and see if they get it. pepper every lecture with stealthy south park words and comments. do it.
k now i'm a day into sleep deprivation and i'm no longer feeling sorry....we should all change our names to humorous inappropriate references or our favorite satirical characters...it would be a better world

Reactions: devilnuts
I always got called Keebler when I was younger. Oddly enough that name didn't come up much in the Marine Corps. So I was at least spared that...haha.

You all need to quit your griping. The "nicknames" that spring forth from having red hair AND the maiden name Woff, would put you all to shame.

You all need to quit your griping. The "nicknames" that spring forth from having red hair AND the maiden name Woff, would put you all to shame.

Oh yeah? My coworker and friend has red hair and a maiden name of Sherwood. I think she bets you...haha. :p

Reactions: mandytheartist
Oh, and don't call her "Fire Crotch"...we were trying to come up with pirate names for everyone in the lab one day and I told her that we could call her Red Beard, but she doesn't have a beard...so I suggested Fire Crotch. She turned about 10 shades of red/purple and then I thought she was going to kill me. I think my second choice of The Scarlet Scourge calmed her a bit. LOL.

Oh, and don't call her "Fire Crotch"...we were trying to come up with pirate names for everyone in the lab one day and I told her that we could call her Red Beard, but she doesn't have a beard...so I suggested Fire Crotch. She turned about 10 shades of red/purple and then I thought she was going to kill me. I think my second choice of The Scarlet Scourge calmed her a bit. LOL.

And people wonder how redheads develop bad tempers. o_O

I don't know...I think she was being very irrational. hahaha. She knew that I only said it because she would blush at the drop of a hat. When she first came to our lab, she was timid, shy, quiet, and embarrassed easily. I corrected that over the course of 5 years. LOL.

Getting off topic, but on of the best ones that I got her with involved an on-site job we were doing. This equipment, when started up, ran through a self test. There was a small display that only gave you a status update with a number and letter. So when you first turned the thing on it would display a "0". Once it passed the first set of diagnostic tests, it would display "1" and so on up the number 5 and then when it was finished and ready to use it would display "A". Sometimes it would fail a test and display "F". This takes a couple of minutes to complete. After I powered it up I was watching the display because we had been having problems with it failing diagnostic test 2 or 3. So when it went to 1 I said, "We have acheived 'oneness.'" After it reached 2 I said, "We have now attained 'twoness.'" I think I did it for 3 as well. But then I didn't do any more. A few minutes later I checked to see if it had finished performing self test. It had and was displaying an "A". I said, "We now have A-ness." This co-worker repeated it after me before realizing what she was saying. She realized it almost as soon as it came out of her mouth and turned 50 shade of red (yeah...you like that, don't you?...haha). Imagine Amy from Little Women saying that...it was about that funny. It was our goal to try to get her to turn red and she did many times. Before she left our lab, we could barely ever get her to turn red...*sniff*...they grow up so quickly!!!

Reactions: NickW
My husband had a manager who was called over the intercom all the time named, "Dick Holder". Yup. Serious.

Reactions: mandytheartist
So we got our mid-semester evals sent to us today. HAHA...I loved this one:

"One dude doesn't wear shoes and I can't pay attention to anything but his feet and not econ"

There are two TAs and they don't give the students two sheets. Even though we have introduced ourselves at least a dozen times, they still can't seem to remember our names. So some of the feedback we weren't sure who it applied to. I am pretty sure this one was directed at me. HAHA. And quite frankly, I think it is hilarious. I am going to print it out and save it. If that prevents you from paying attention to the economics material being presented, then you are in for a long, disappointing college career, dude. hahaha.

Reactions: jldeleon and NickW
It's not my fault he/she has a foot fetish! :p

If that prevents you from paying attention to the economics material being presented, then you are in for a long, disappointing college career, dude. hahaha.

Yeah, cuz just wait until the cleavage and tight pants start to distract him! It's all over for him if he finds bare feet that distracting. Lol!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7