Southport, CT 5 Mile Turkey Trot 2011

Barefoot Gentile

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Fairfield, CT
I ran my town's annual thanksgiving turkey trot on November 24th, it was a great. It was Thanksgiving, my birthday, and having my older sister there made it a special day. I think this was our 20th year running this race, it's a family tradition for my sister and I.

It was my third year running it barefoot, my sister gets a kick out of all the comments and stares as we hang around waiting for the start. There was about 4,500 runners this year, the average amount, I am still the only barefoot runner out there but it's all good. It was 32 degrees at start time, 8:00am, I wear heavy winter socks while waiting, once the gun goes off, the socks come off. It was a beautiful sunny clear day, and a great way to start the day on Thanksgiving.

Sounds like a good one!  I

Sounds like a good one! I ran a 5K with my oldest sister once, and although it was my slowest 5K, I was just happy to be running it with her. Time means nothing when you're running with those you love!

I ran a Thanksgiving 5k

I ran a Thanksgiving 5k Turkey Trot a few years ago when I lived in MI and was first starting to run barefoot. It was nice weather until the day before the race. Then there was a really good snow storm. The race wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, except they poured a ton of salt over the roads at the start and that made the road very cold.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7