Southport, CT 5 Mile Turkey Trot 2011

Barefoot Gentile

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Fairfield, CT
I ran my town's annual thanksgiving turkey trot on November 24th, it was a great. It was Thanksgiving, my birthday, and having my older sister there made it a special day. I think this was our 20th year running this race, it's a family tradition for my sister and I.

It was my third year running it barefoot, my sister gets a kick out of all the comments and stares as we hang around waiting for the start. There was about 4,500 runners this year, the average amount, I am still the only barefoot runner out there but it's all good. It was 32 degrees at start time, 8:00am, I wear heavy winter socks while waiting, once the gun goes off, the socks come off. It was a beautiful sunny clear day, and a great way to start the day on Thanksgiving.

Sounds like a good one!  I

Sounds like a good one! I ran a 5K with my oldest sister once, and although it was my slowest 5K, I was just happy to be running it with her. Time means nothing when you're running with those you love!

I ran a Thanksgiving 5k

I ran a Thanksgiving 5k Turkey Trot a few years ago when I lived in MI and was first starting to run barefoot. It was nice weather until the day before the race. Then there was a really good snow storm. The race wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, except they poured a ton of salt over the roads at the start and that made the road very cold.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts