So it's true?!

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Someone here posted that some of the mud runs are adding electric shock, and I was like, "Like, no way, man!" But it's true. Apparently, no one seems to be too concerned about the risk of heart attack. I wonder what their insurance deductible is. Hmmmmm.

According to that other place:

There is a phenomenon happening, nationwide. It combines 10 to 12 miles of trail running with 25 obstacles that have names like "Chernobyl Jacuzzi" (swimming through a dumpster full of ice water), "Boa Constrictor" (crawling through a series of tunnels, again, in freezing water), and "Electroshock Therapy" (running through a field of live wires, some which carry 10,000 volts of electricity). And it's not a race. Nobody wins.

Photos: Dmitry Gudkov

Yeah, I remember seeing the

Yeah, I remember seeing the electric shock thing as an obstacle in a race I was looking at doing one time. I think it was "Tough Mudder". It does look like fun! These little obstacle course fun run things are becoming very popular as of lately. Weve even had a few down here. I attended the first one and well, it sucked. The only hard parts were running through mud and water that was roughly chest deep. I think it was 30 obstaclea in just 3.5 miles, and I still managed to finish in a tad under 29 minutes, so they obvisouly werent that tough.

My wife and I are signed up

My wife and I are signed up with a few friends for the Tough Mudder in March. I looks like fun to me! It is true, most are just in it for the experience and to finish with their group, but some do try to go for time. I plan to do it barefoot, but may take some sort of footwear with me, JIK...

-Jonny

I'm in a tough mudder race in

I'm in a tough mudder race in colorado in June 2012. I think I'll wear my vff's. I live in iowa, any ideas on how to condition for the change in elevation?

Anyone interesting in a nude

Anyone interesting in a nude mud run?

HELLS YEAH!!!!

HELLS YEAH!!!!

Oh No.  Nyal meet Chaser. 

Oh No. Nyal meet Chaser. Chaser meet Nyal. You two have so much in common. sigh.

I would totally do a nude

I would totally do a nude barefoot run, of any sort. In fact, I just found this today...and am hoping they have a 2012 one!!!
evil.png
) >-) :evil:" width="19" />

http://www.clothesoptional5k.blogspot.com/

LOL!  That was great!  Thanks

LOL! That was great! Thanks for the link!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7