Running with dubstep cadence

b.o.b

Barefooters
Jul 26, 2012
Germany
I just found out something crazy, that running with dubstep music helped me today to maintain a ~190 bpm cadence. I just listened to any 140 bpm dubstep and striked like this:

dubstep_cadence.png

To hear what I mean you can listen to this selfmade dubstep-cadence thingy:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52725519/dubstep_cadence.mp3

The lower wood sound is the left foot, the higher one is the right. Over one dubstep-loop (pictured above) you "hit the floor" :) 7 times with the right and 7 times with the left foot. That results magically in a > 180 bpm cadence! The bass sound tells you, that a new loop begins - so here you should be at your left foot again.

Crazy, but it worked for me just hours before - also because dubstep makes me wanna move ;)

Is that Reaper i see? A lot of drum and bass is at 90 bpm, check out Pendulum, most of there stuff is at 90 bpm, also Google Podrunner and look under archives for some bpm driven mixes and intervals. Glad to see your finding something that works for you.

I just found out something crazy, that running with dubstep music helped me today to maintain a ~190 bpm cadence. I just listened to any 140 bpm dubstep and striked like this:

dubstep_cadence.png

To hear what I mean you can listen to this selfmade dubstep-cadence thingy:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52725519/dubstep_cadence.mp3

The lower wood sound is the left foot, the higher one is the right. Over one dubstep-loop (pictured above) you "hit the floor" :) 7 times with the right and 7 times with the left foot. That results magically in a > 180 bpm cadence! The bass sound tells you, that a new loop begins - so here you should be at your left foot again.

Crazy, but it worked for me just hours before - also because dubstep makes me wanna move ;)

Very creative Bob. I am not that musically inclined lol....I just used a watch and counted footstrikes.

Reactions: DNEchris

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts