Running Survey

armyptunc

Barefooters
Sep 30, 2010
Hello, my name is Don Goss. I am new to barefoot and minimalist shoe running. I am a physical therapist studying running biomechanics and injuries at The University of North Carolina working with a team to conduct a survey of runners entitled, “A Running Style Survey.”

If you run at least 6 miles per week and are between the ages 18-50, I need your help. This survey will give us valuable information concerning running injury trends and has taken others approximately 5-10 minutes to complete. You should know that there are no right or wrong answers and that your responses will be treated confidentially. Survey results will in no way be traceable to individual respondents. You can access the survey by going to the link below:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JGQN2F2

Feel free to contact me with questions: [email protected]

Thank you for your assistance. I truly value your participation.

Sincerely,

Don Goss

Done.  Toward the end of the

Done. Toward the end of the survey, it asks me to proceed to question #41, but ends at question #31 or something.

Also, if you want more

Also, if you want more participants from this site, you might want to move this thread to one of the main forums. If so, let me know, and I will move it for you.

Done and Happy New Year to

Done and Happy New Year to you too!

Finished the survey and

Finished the survey and clicked done and brought me to a blank screen so I assume its actually done

I agree with you, Chris. 

I agree with you, Chris. From one study I heard about, most people start running in their 40s and even more people over 40 run than those under 40, so you would think the 50 plus year old group would be desired in these kinds of studies (meaning more people run when they're older than when they're younger).

Sorry, guys.  I did not mean

Sorry, guys. I did not mean to make anyone feel alienated. I do agree that many more folks are running past their 50's these days. I hope I am still running in my 70's. (currently 37) This would be an interesting population to study and perhaps I will in a future project.

Currently, as an Army physical therapist, I serve a population of Soldiers who are primarily 18-50 years old. That is why I have chosen these cutoff ages in an attempt to sample how folks are running and what types of injuries they are sustaining. While it is certainly possible to develop osteoarthritis earlier than 50 in some folks, I wanted to attempt to limit the confounding effects of osteoarthritis and other age related changes that may be present in some older runners.

I appreciate your interest in my project and wish you many more years of healthy running!

Don

No worries Don.I weigh the

No worries Don.

I weigh the same as I did in high school and am probably a good deal fitter.

A pinched nerve, which sidelined me for about 3 weeks, was my only injury in nearly 3000 miles this year. I'd love to be doing the same mileage in 20 years!

Survey or not I'll just keep bopping along :bigsmile:

Oh, alright.  You're

Oh, alright. You're forgiven. Maybe with the way redeployments and recruitment are going, you'll be needing to look at +50 year old runners soon. I'll be ready!

done

done

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts