Retrolisthesis and... Barefoot? :S

Lots of barefoot runners will run in the early morning or the evening to avoid blisters from the heat. Likewise, during winter, they will run during the warmest part of the day. When it's too extreme at any time, they will wear sensible minshoes.

I would walk and hike barefoot, on nature trails, until your feet toughen up.

How has the running been going Sven??

Also just walk a bit here and there barefoot. The less time you spend in shoes the more your soles will get used to it. When I was transitioning I used to do a lot of walking back and forth to school barefoot. I've always spent a lot of time barefoot anyway so I had ok soles, but that helped because it was just a 1 mile walk. I think you should be careful not to go to far and hurt your feet again, pulling the skin off isn't going to help your soles toughen up. You want to stop before it gets to that point.

Hey all!! Well I am more motivated. I've been running this week in a running machine. I alternated compeltely barefoot running (9 minutes) and min shoes running (6 minutes). I'm very good, and no one injuries, only blisters getting keratinized. I run 180-200 steps/minute. Just running relaxed and not obssesed (?) with the way I run, My organism is cleverer than I am haha.

Today I run 25 minutes aprox, 4 km, with min shoes. the only trouble I had was one blister that is cured yet but, as I told, it need to be keratinized.

No back pain, for the time being.

=)

Reactions: Rusinque
See Rus, I've heard quite the opposite. Most everybody that I know here love the KSO for running. Me on the other hand, I don't like any of the VFF's because I have big toes that don't fit right, which then causes me pain while running in them. I used to like them for every day walking around and stuff when I had a pair. Got rid of them all though. Now I mostly go truly barefoot everywhere. If I wear anything it's huaraches.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7