Philly Runners Roll Call

jschwab

Barefooters
Jun 16, 2010
I have been asked to look into setting up BFR meetups around Philly. I see some posts by Ramblin Dan and others in the PA Chapter forum.

Is anybody interested in meeting up? Interested in being noticed out on the trail? Interested in meetups at races or International BFR Day and a meetup at the Broad Street Run?

Lemme know.

I'm here!  I live just a mile

I'm here! I live just a mile north of Valley Forge Park. I think the Broad Street Run is scheduled for 1 May, and I'm going to be running the St. Lukes 13.1 mile race in Allentown that day. Other races or get togethers - I'-m game if it'll fit in with my complicated family schedule. I'd love to meet'cha!

I would be interested in

I would be interested in meeting other barefoot and/or minimalist runners in the area (Main Line, Valley Forge, etc.) The only problem I have is that my running schedule is sometimes unpredictable, except for the races that I sign up for. I will be running in either my KSO Trek's or Merrell Trail Gloves at the following events this year:

Tyler Arboretum 10K Trail Run (April 2, Media, PA)

Broad Street Run (May 1, Philadelphia, PA)

Bournelyf 5K Trail Run (July, West Chester, PA)

Zane's Run (September, Malvern, PA)

Hershey Half Marathon (October, Hershey, PA)

I'm interested in meeting you

I'm interested in meeting you guys. I don't run a lot of races but I will run the half at the Delaware Marathon on Sunday May 15th.

I'm available for training runs on evenings or weekends.

Can we use the chapter calendar to mark the races we're running? I'm not too sure how it works but we could enter our races so other members could see which races will have barefoot participants.

Sloutre, I will be looking

Sloutre, I will be looking into the calendar as my new Chapter president duties!

Mike, I think I am signed up for 1:50 finish, but I don't think I will be that speedy, especially since I missed this past week's training due to stomach bug. We should be able to see each other. Are you going completely bare? I am still trying to figure out shoes.

I think the VFFs tend to

I think the VFFs tend to shrink a little.

You know, I remember Broad

You know, I remember Broad Street being kind of rough last year on my feet in Protons. I avoided alot of rough patches even in those - not sure the Treks are not the better choice anyway. There are a fair number of potholes and rough chip and seal, I think.

Mike M, I'm doing the Tyler

Mike M, I'm doing the Tyler Arboretum trail run tomorrow too!. I'll be in my Bikila, my husband will be also. This is my first 10K race and my first trail run!. Hopefully the rain/sleet/snow, will hold off.

Annette

Oooops didn't mean to post

Oooops didn't mean to post so quickly. Would love to meet up some time, I'm not that close to Philly though, I'm near Harrisburg in Camp Hill.

Good luck tomorrow, Annette!

Good luck tomorrow, Annette!

Annette,I think I saw you

Annette,

I think I saw you there. I was in my black KSO Trek's. I just did not get a chance to stop and introduce myself. Hope you had a good run. Conditions were pretty good, all things considered!

-Mike

nethead said:
Mike M, I'm doing the Tyler Arboretum trail run tomorrow too!. I'll be in my Bikila, my husband will be also. This is my first 10K race and my first trail run!. Hopefully the rain/sleet/snow, will hold off.

Aww you did! I saw quite a

Aww you did! I saw quite a few people in VFFs, but don't think I saw you. Yes the trail was pretty good considering all the rain there's been. I had a lot of fun, but some of those hills were killers.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7