One more to join the party!

Dare2GoBare

Barefooters
Jun 7, 2011
Hello everbody! I am so excited to be a part of this community! My name is Danae, I am married and have a 2 year old son, and I've been bfr for about 2 months now,
(not that long, but I'm loving every minute of it!) I'm up to 5.1 miles barefoot, and my goal is to run my first barefoot Half Marathon in the fall. Is that too quick?? I am glad to be able to get great advice here. It is such a joy to run barefoot, and to talk with people who feel the same way. :) If any of you are in Utah, please, let me know!! There are so many great trails, here, and it would be nice to have a group to bfr with sometimes. Again, I am so happy to be here!

Welcome to our little

Welcome to our little community of happy feet runners.

Regarding your goal of running a half mary this fall, IMO it is possilble, but you need to listen to your body. If you are up to 5.1 miles after 2 months, it sounds like the transition has been fairly easy for you (I like you transitioned very easily last year and was able to run 18+ miles BF of a marathon last fall). But as I said earlier don't push it, you do not want to injure yourself by doing TMTS (to much too soon).

Enjoy and remember to have fun.

I think you can make the half

I think you can make the half barefoot. Just be sure to listen to your feet and your body. We have a chapter in Utah, so please be sure to join there (Chapters tab above). Welcome!

Welcome to this wonderfully

Welcome to this wonderfully resourceful site, Danae. You've started off strong by asking good questions. There are many thoroughly experienced folks here who are glad to share from their experience, so keep asking those questions. Welcome to the crew, and enjoy BFR!

Phil

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7