OMG glass!!!!!

PatrickGSR94

Barefooters
Dec 9, 2011
Yup, managed to get some broken glass in the kitchen. I accidentally picked up a pickle jar without the lid being on tightly. As I swung around to put it back in the fridge, down it went, crashing to the floor. Pickles, juice, and *gasp* glass went everywhere. Yes I was barefoot in the kitchen. :eek:

Well I set about cleaning the mess up. I was careful, and managed to not cut my feet at all. I could feel a couple little pieces here and there that stuck to my foot, but nothing cut or punctured my feet at all.

I did manage to draw blood, though. Not on my feet, but on one hand. I was trying to wipe up the pickle juice with a rag, and the rag picked up a piece of glass. When I went to rinse the rag and wring it out, I got a little slice.

Just goes to show what tough feet are capable of, and the irony of getting cut by broken glass, but not at all on the feet. :D

Somewheres I read about a BF Runner that - after running several BF miles - finally stepped on some glass....in his garage...if memory serves, it was glass from a Christmas tree ball, so heads up, as we slide into December.

Your problem speaks more towards the issues of those freaks that do handstands without gloves - odd lot, them...

Reactions: NickW
Happens weekly at my house. I just vacuum what I can and find the missing pieces later with my feet. I have to have my wife dig a few shards out of my pads, but I have never been cut (just jinxed myself). Christmas tree balls, cats, and bare feet are not a good combination. Guess the cats have got to go.;)

I wanted to vacuum up the glass immediately when it happened, but then I didn't want to suck up pickle juice either. I guess I should have just done it anyway with the shop vac and then thrown out the bag.

I've had similar experiences. I once broke a jar on the kitchen floor and while cleaning up felt a piece of glass stuck to the bottom of my foot. When I brushed it off I cut my finger on it, but my foot was fine!

I've had similar experiences. I once broke a jar on the kitchen floor and while cleaning up felt a piece of glass stuck to the bottom of my foot. When I brushed it off I cut my finger on it, but my foot was fine!

This is typical. Skin does not puncture easily, but it does slice. So, when you step on glass, you are usually just stepping straight down on it, so the skin "gives" but does not puncture. But by brushing it with your finger, you were in essence slicing it, and thereby got the cut. (It's rather fun to experiment with this: try it out on a roast with intact skin on it.)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7