No More Holding Back....Speed

Another reason why I started

Another reason why I started trying to increase my speed, was because my natural pace was around 8:30. I started to get "too comfortable" at that pace, and wanted to increase my effort.

@Rachtenb: when I first started BFR, I was stuck at that 10:00 m/m pace. All of a sudden at 6 months it started getting better.

Larry that is exactly the

Larry that is exactly the pace I was stuck at for a long time, and it was driving me nuts. I finally said enough is enough and time to let all inhibitions go and break beyond a 8:30 pace, glad I did.

An 8:30 is still my average comfortable pace, but it's good to know that I can run faster than that if I want to.

jschwab wrote:I am looking

jschwab said:
I am looking for other ways besides form to increase efficiency so I would be interested in the breathing stuff and also anything anyone else has for increasing cardiovascular efficiency.

I'd be interested in perspectives on breathing too, as this is one area of my running that still doesn't quite feel natural. I think it's affecting my efficiency and speed. +1 on hearing Nate's ideas. Peer pressure peer pressure..

:-D LOL....I'll get on

:-D LOL....I'll get on writing it tomorrow :-D

Come on Nate, you could

Come on Nate, you could always start writing it up today ;). Then you'd be able to post it sooner tomorrow. Anything helpful is always good to know.