New Minimalist Runner from NJ

Sweet Mercury

Barefooters
Aug 3, 2011
Hello all!

I'm no stranger to the Minimal/Barefoot movement, I've been walking 4-5M a day and Hiking 7+M in my KSOs for about a year now, and I don't think I have made a better decision regarding my health (or my knees) in my life. I think after a year of walking/hiking my feet should be strong enough to get out there and try RUNNING again. Now that I'm fully confident in my leg/foot strength and my reformed gair, I'm going to be starting a "Couch to 5K" program.

I found this site by looking up reviews for different minimal wear. I like my VFFs but I'm really looking for the coveted "One-Finger". Considering I've seen that term used a lot here, I'm thinking I don't need to elaborate on why.

Ultimately I'd like to go completely barefoot throughout the warm months, then throw on a minimal shoe for the winter/trails.

Looking forward to updating everyone on my progress.

Welcome, Sweet!

Welcome, Sweet!

Welcome!Your plan sounds

Welcome!

Your plan sounds much like what I've been doing. I run mostly BF in the warm months and thankfully resort to my Biklas to get through the cold and icy months.

What part of the noble state of NJ are you in? I spend my days, and do a fair deal of my running, near Princeton.

Welcome Sweet! If you are in

Welcome Sweet! If you are in the Northern NJ area and ever want to go for a run, let me know! Liberty State Park is a great clean place to go completely barefoot. And what better place to let your feet free, than in the shadow of the Statue of Liberty?

Welcome to the fray.

Thanks guys.I'm actually

Thanks guys.

I'm actually more southern (Exit 74). I want to work myself back up to running a few M barefoot/minimal, then hopefully I'll be able to take you guys up on some of these group runs.

I just ordered a pair of Zem Travelers for casual/office wear, I'll be posting some first impressions on those in the Gear forum soon.

Hello all again, this is a

Hello all again, this is a newbie question so I figured my intro thread was a good place to post it (site help looks like it's for tech problems).

Are there any kind of rules or restrictions on posting shoe reviews? I can't see any restrictions in the submission area but I didn't want to overstep and break any rules regarding that.

Please feel free to post your

Please feel free to post your reviews in both the Gear & Footwear forum and the Product Reviews section (link at top). Thanks for sharing!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7