new member from Calgary

pbarker

Barefooters
Sep 19, 2010
Good to be here and looking forward to contributing.

Started changing my form last year with my first barefoot run in November. While listening to chapter 25 of Born to Run on a noon hour run I felt compelled to stopped and finish the run barefoot. It was amazing! I am now running regular 5 and 10ks barefoot. Completed my first Ironman this summer in a pair of floppy 1950s canvas tops (Pony). Hoping to complete my first barefoot marathon next May.

Thanks for the opportunity

Paul

Welcome, Paul.  That's a

Welcome, Paul. That's a perfect way to start your first barefoot run. I wonder how many people were actually listening to Born to Run on their iPods and shed their shoes at that moment only to finish their runs barefoot. Poetic.

Welcome aboard Paul! I too

Welcome aboard Paul! I too audio read Born to Run, talk about inspiring (esp to listen to while running) Great book

Thanks for the warm

Thanks for the warm greetings.

Abide

Here are the shoes. From the casual shoe department.

shoes-up.com/blog/

Zero drop, very flexible, minimal cushioning, cheap $40

I was experiencing some top of foot pain probably because of TMTS and not enough recovery between runs, ok bad form. With these shoes found I could do the distance training for the Ironman marathon. With ironman out of the way I now want to focus on running barefoot, with water shoes or VFF for cold weather and rough roads.

Tried to attach some photos with no luck.

To attach photos that are

To attach photos that are already out on the web somewhere, just right-click, copy, and paste back here.

Welcome Paul, good to have

Welcome Paul, good to have another Canadian on board.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts