Nail health

Hi there,

What is the consensus on what supplements to take to get good strong growing nails. My toe nails are looking a bit raggedy and chipped with all the barefoot running and I'm looking for something that will make them grow quicker and healthier. I've tried one of the colloidal silica supplements but can's say I saw any appreciable difference.

Neil

Many women I know have taken

Many women I know have taken pre-natal vitamins for nail health, so not sure what to tell you Neil! Have you googled it for guys? Interesting topic since barefoot running has mostly cured my toenails of their wonkiness!

nothing topical will health..

nothing topical will health.. hair and nails (and skin) are all products of a healthy diet.. enough healthy fats, proteins (ALL essential amino acids) and carbs.. especially enough biotin are needed...

From my own experience if I

From my own experience if I take a multi vitamin regularly my hair and nails grow faster?

I like Amie's answer better though :)

Pure Aragon oil organic is

Pure Aragon oil organic is best. It's great for nails, and skin. It actually works miracles. Only need a little tiny bit. Just rub some at the cuticle. Get a bit under the nail. Once a day at night before bed. Best to get the pure stuff not a mix. It's not cheap. health food type store is a good place to look. If you can't find it locally you'll have to go online. It's sort of like a vegtable oil, but not as thick.

I can only weigh in on calcum

I can only weigh in on calcum deposits in nails (those little white flecks you get)...A little horsetail will get rid of those.

Other than that, +1 on diet. Eat your veggies.

That's all I got!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon