My vffs stink.

Apart from saying, go barefoot , are there any powders good for my vffs inbetween washes, after a week in the city, they now lurk in the back of my work van. I can smell them even when I can't see them. My thought was gold bond powder.
Also. I went running with a group 8 k last night . 42 mins. My best barefoot time yet. Felt good today , although a little tight from the push.

The funk is the one drawback to the VFF's (and the Fila Skele-toes, which were even worse). I find that just tossing my VFF's in the wash every couple of weeks makes a big diffence. I should get some basic shoe spray too...

Gold bond foot powder helps some. I spray mine with Lysol after running. That and letting them dry completely between runs seems to help. I can usually get 100 miles out of them before the wash sequence (soaking in water with efferdent, scrubbing the footbed with soft soap and an old toothbrush and throwing them in the washer).

I cant wear em for most of the day more than a couple days without em smelling nasty. My solution is multi-faceted but the main thing is I rarely ever wear them without socks anymore. Take a look at some of the Injinji, I prefer the liner-wieght socks in either the wicking poly (performance series) or merino wool (outdoor series). They are pricey though, but cut the stink down a HUGE amount. I can go probably two weeks with them now without it being as bad as 2 days bare. My first pair are pretty snug (I didnt think about socks when I fitted them) so its tough to wear socks with them but the liner weight ones will still work just a little tight. I ordered my second pair one size up for use with socks. I keep my second pair with socks as my out and about shoes (never go bare in them), and my original pair I'll go bare in when running in winter or on a trail, but I very rarely will wear them out and about, and just wash em more frequently.

Reactions: barefoot britman
Had a buddy of mine come over a while back. He was wearing his vff's. He took them off just inside the door and pretty soon we were blaming the cats for crapping in the catbox. I went and cleaned out catbox and took it out to the trash and the dang smell would just not go away. I figured we must have had something stinky in the trash and I was thoroughly embarrassed and took out the trash immediately. My wife opened all the windows and the slider door and lit some scented candles and we were all still gagging from this horrible smell. Finally, I saw the vff's sitting there and had a light bulb moment. As I walked closer to them I realized the smell got worse. My friend and his wife were absolutely mortified. :p We set them on the back lanai and within minutes the smell dissipated in the house. Hahahaha! I still give him crap about his stinky vff's. He washes them pretty regularly too. He said like once a week! Hahaha! That's one reason I'm soooooo glad I don't fit vff's.

I wish there was better options out there, but I think we have all tried the options available. The Febreeze Sport Shoe spray works for a couple of wearings, but the wash machine seems to be the definitive solution. My VFF are not fitting as nicely as they used too, they seem a little tighter in the ball and toe areas.

1. Febreeze. I use the "pet"formulation to tame my Bikilas. 2. Let them dry on my car dashboard. In the summer they get really dry, really fast. 3. Wash them with the laundry as often as is convenient. 4. Give them a break and run BF!

Reactions: barefoot britman

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon