My First Race

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
...in 25 years.

I ran the Evansburg Challenge 10 Mile Trail Race this morning, finishing in about 1:28:20. I ran in my VFF Bikilas. They served me very well on the rocky, rooty, mucky and wet course. As I wrote in the race review I posted, I'm sure a more seasoned BF runner could have handled the terrain just fine. I probably wouldn't even mind it, now that I've been over it twice. I had a great run! I was relaxed, chatting throughout the race. My form was fine - I checked often. I was kind of surprised when the the race was over. Aside from having a strong urge to take a nap, my bod feels like doing it again tomorrow. Then again, I feel like a nap most Sunday afternoons.

I'm with you on the nap.

I'm with you on the nap. Congrats on your re-first race!

That's great 10 miles after

That's great 10 miles after 25 years. And you did it in VFFs!

I did a 5k trail run. Interesting listening to comments. One man said he hurt his ankle on a root and said he was afraid to try the VFFS because he thought he would be more suseptable to problems. I told him I was glad I was wearing VFFs because I have more feel for where my feet are.

Anyway, Good for you and I bet it felt just great!
party.png

Peanut

Thank you, Ms. Peanut!  I am

Thank you, Ms. Peanut! I am very pleased with how the day went.

My feet and the rest of me feel fine this evening and I bet al lot of those shod sloggers aren't feeling as good. I love running trails BF - it's almost dancing when the way gets trickier. I only wore the VFF's because I lacked confidence. One trick I developed for mud holes too big to jump was to cross the path as I hit the beginning of the hole and run around the edge like the wall of death. YeeHaw!

Joseph--Great race, and great

Joseph--Great race, and great time!! Congrats!

Update - I checked the posted

Update - I checked the posted race results and learned that my sense of the distance was right: they remeasured the course and found it to be only 9.85 miles long. I am indeed a finely tuned instrument and amaze myself frequently.

Ha!  That's why I love BFRs! 

Ha! That's why I love BFRs! We are such AW inside, so full of ourselves.

Well pooh.  The picture

Well pooh. The picture didn't come through.