My First Race

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
...in 25 years.

I ran the Evansburg Challenge 10 Mile Trail Race this morning, finishing in about 1:28:20. I ran in my VFF Bikilas. They served me very well on the rocky, rooty, mucky and wet course. As I wrote in the race review I posted, I'm sure a more seasoned BF runner could have handled the terrain just fine. I probably wouldn't even mind it, now that I've been over it twice. I had a great run! I was relaxed, chatting throughout the race. My form was fine - I checked often. I was kind of surprised when the the race was over. Aside from having a strong urge to take a nap, my bod feels like doing it again tomorrow. Then again, I feel like a nap most Sunday afternoons.

I'm with you on the nap.

I'm with you on the nap. Congrats on your re-first race!

That's great 10 miles after

That's great 10 miles after 25 years. And you did it in VFFs!

I did a 5k trail run. Interesting listening to comments. One man said he hurt his ankle on a root and said he was afraid to try the VFFS because he thought he would be more suseptable to problems. I told him I was glad I was wearing VFFs because I have more feel for where my feet are.

Anyway, Good for you and I bet it felt just great!
party.png

Peanut

Thank you, Ms. Peanut!  I am

Thank you, Ms. Peanut! I am very pleased with how the day went.

My feet and the rest of me feel fine this evening and I bet al lot of those shod sloggers aren't feeling as good. I love running trails BF - it's almost dancing when the way gets trickier. I only wore the VFF's because I lacked confidence. One trick I developed for mud holes too big to jump was to cross the path as I hit the beginning of the hole and run around the edge like the wall of death. YeeHaw!

Joseph--Great race, and great

Joseph--Great race, and great time!! Congrats!

Update - I checked the posted

Update - I checked the posted race results and learned that my sense of the distance was right: they remeasured the course and found it to be only 9.85 miles long. I am indeed a finely tuned instrument and amaze myself frequently.

Ha!  That's why I love BFRs! 

Ha! That's why I love BFRs! We are such AW inside, so full of ourselves.

Well pooh.  The picture

Well pooh. The picture didn't come through.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts