Mileage Reporting 34nd Week of 2013

About 1.5 miles this morning, little bit of fog and mist hanging around, seemed like the wildlife was smarter than me and using that as a sign to sleep in, or maybe I was just too focused on trying to run light and easy.

I realised that the reason I had been thinking of making my first parkrun on Sept 7th was that I was going to be away until then. Now that we've had to cancel the holiday :(, there's no reason why I can't try it out this weekend.

So I thought I had better test out my theory that I could easily add another mile to my current 2 mile run. So I did my usual loop then looped round again for another 1.1. It was fine, felt good at the end despite a bigger proportion of paths overall than usual as well as the extra distance.

I realised that the reason I had been thinking of making my first parkrun on Sept 7th was that I was going to be away until then. Now that we've had to cancel the holiday :(, there's no reason why I can't try it out this weekend.

So I thought I had better test out my theory that I could easily add another mile to my current 2 mile run. So I did my usual loop then looped round again for another 1.1. It was fine, felt good at the end despite a bigger proportion of paths overall than usual as well as the extra distance.

like that you got another good run; bummer that you had to cancel your holiday. hope all goes best as possible with your hubby.

4 miles walk run mix. Started at 5:20am nice full moon to travel my. Temp 74
Saw 1 each, rabbit, possum, bat. Herd one screech owl. Too faint to record.
Getting ready for My 1nd 10k and am feel good, happy and eager to get er done.
Will then being my training for a 1/2 later this year. Life is good.

Monday afternoon, half-hearted bench press. I was pretty pooped from a weekend of little sleep, much beer, and long driving. I did some sub-max sets and called it a day. Lifting while tired can be dangerous.

Tuesday -- nada. Very tired and was moving my office, so lots of stairs work.

Wednesday morning, two-mile run, no gadgets, felt good. Still tired, but I needed to run. And my soles were clammering for a little stimulation. I'm so addicted now--it just feels wrong the days I don't run, even the day after longer runs. I think I may try to up my running from the 4-5 days per week range to 5-7 days per week.

It was already hot, so I took off my shirt. I guess I've lost enough belly not to be embarrassed. And the full moon low on the horizon was quite nice. I may have to wake up a bit earlier tomorrow in order to get in a purely moonlit run. They're so magical.

I also really enjoyed not having my Garmin with me this morning, a la Dutchie and BFGentile. Even though I only look down at it once in a while while running, and rarely allow the pace reading to influence my effort level, unless I'm doing intervals or something, I felt a lot more in tune with my body this morning without it. I seemed to be more aware of form, foot landing, and posture. Much more in tune with the run, in other words. And since, with morning runs, my route options are limited, and the mileage pretty much known, there's really no reason to wear the Garmin unless I'm trying to run at a certain pace. Still, it was strange what a difference it made. I swear I only look down at my Garmin once every mile or two, but I guess that's enough to diminish the zen-ness of the 'just run' experience. I also found myself doing something approaching a fartlek after a while, and I recall doing fartleks more before I bought my first Garmin last summer. Yes, I think I may need to run gadgetless on most runs, and reserve the Garmin for track work mostly. Or not.

2.81 miles at avg 10:16 pace. Today was much better than my last few runs. I think it was because I have eaten much better the last few days. No feeling dizzy or anything for me today. :D Found a much better route for running today with hardly any stops (except for the stop at the park near the end of run so my son can get out and play with all the hot moms children ;). Mike would be in heaven here, lot's of attractive ladies for him to chase.). I really liked this route because it does seem like I can probably extend the run out a bit further although I'm not sure how much further as I don't really know this town all that well yet. Anyhow, it was good to have a good running day after so many bad days, weird how the type of food one eats can effect your engine so much and make it feel like it is coughing and sputtering. Gotta stay with the clean foods from now on. Glad to be done with the move and have all my cooking supplies available again.

Yesterdays (Tuesday) runs (All three of them) consisted of 10 plus miles including 4 miles of hill repeats. Freakin' hot for this little Canadian barefoot runner. I swear the road tar was sticking to my feet.

12km/7.5mi with 10'/2' intervals....I got attacked by a magpie, this usually happens in September-October when they nest, but not in August !

It flew a few seconds near me and then landed on my head (that would have been a funny picture !)

Luckily it did not hit me with its beak (got no protection !!!)

Nick, i'll take that as an invite.

over 3m today. dogs didn't want to do more. i'll have to take em earlier even though i'm finding i like running in the heat. oh, back from vaca and home now. my mom's dog is now sad because he misses my dog.

took last 2 days off. no real reason. sat i took off because of too many tp's in my left leg and it had me quite fatigued.

Agreed to the clean food. I short-changed my run yesterday by eating like crap the day before.

Reactions: Barefoot Dama
Excellent 8 mile run at 4:30am, 81 deg., 58% rh... no wildlife sighting this morning, heard one owl.
Feet Good Legs Good
I have anticipation for 1/2 on Sunday !!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7