Mileage Reporting 26th Week of 2013

Forgot to mention and I was meaning too, I got two comments during the run. "Where are your shoe?" My reply, "I don't need those things." The next comment I got by a min wearer going the other way, pointing to my feet, "Now that is what I'm talking about!"

Now that you mentioned it, yesterday, on my wonderful rainy run, this guy running on the opposite side decided to high five me as we aproached each other, never experience that before... I felt especial:happy:

Reactions: Bare Lee
3.03 miles today in my Luna Originals. May have slightly pulled a calf muscle (very minor) or it may just be a knot. I think running in the originals may have thrown off my form and I think I was running too far up on my toes. The last mile I really focused on landing close to flat footed and that got me home with no extra pain. Also did ST of shoulders, back, and legs. I also noticed in the gym today for the first time that my upper arms and shoulders are starting to get more tone again. I bought some new sleeveless running shirts a week or two ago for the summer weather (which seems to have disappeared again) and I wore one today and where did those muscles come from? Hahaha! It actually shocked me quite a bit. Usually I wear sleeved running or t-shirts so I haven't noticed. Anyhow, it made me feel better about the only slight weight loss lately and made me think that maybe I am just building muscle nearly as fast as I am losing fat, hence only a slight weight change in the last 3 weeks or so.

intervals today. was supposed to run at 8:29-8:04 pace but couldn't. i must've avg 7:30 or so.

I can relate to that, find it really hard to keep a 'slower' pace than my program recommends

Did a bunch of weeding, but stopped in time to give my arms a couple hours rest before my swim. 30 minute swim went very well. Then, I rode the spinning bike for 60 minutes. We are having a deluge here today!

5km this morning, on the beach, by moonlight, with a nice thick fog. Quite freaky and surreal - at times I couldn't see the water and there was nobody around.

On the downside, I seem to have picked up a knee problem. My 12km shod run on Sunday morning left me with an ache on the inside of my left knee that I picked up right near the end. I took a couple of days off until it felt OK, but after 2.5km today it started to feel tender. I turned around straight away, but it's strange - walking on flat ground is fine, running was just OK, but it throbbed a little when I went up the stairs this morning. I'll take a few more days off, and hit up the docs forum. I'm a bit bummed though - I've been humming along very well in the last few months and was starting to think about distances.

10 miles on the trails during some kick-butt rain! Yay rain! I did 15 mm on the first 5 miles and ran the steepest parts that I usually walk! The first half is the incline and I took it really easy on the way back and it took me 30 minutes longer.

My 12km shod run on Sunday morning left me with an ache on the inside of my left knee that I picked up right near the end.
You're getting the 'no more shoe' addiction....Be careful, it's difficult to get out of it !! :barefoot:

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts