Mileage Reporting 13th Week of 2013

RunningPirate

Barefooters
Mar 23, 2012
Waitaminute...I'm the guy starting the week 13 thread? The guy who's been on the injured/malasiness list? Well, hell....the irony is that I haven't been running - IT Band issues (which sounds like I'm having a problem with my computer, but that's another thing altogether). I did, however ride, 21.65 miles.

I had to scratch the 1/2 mary in April as discretion met the better part of valour, but I do have a ride the 2nd week of April that I can still make and apparently, riding is supposed to help all of the items that is giving me trouble, so there it is, there...

1.02 miles pushing a stroller with a three year old yelling "Faster Mommy Faster"

My undies kept falling down and it was wet but I loved every second of it!

Well, I should hope you had shorts or pants on over your undies. I mean, one must exercise decorum....

Well after the crappy weather this weekend. Im looking forward to the new week as temps are to gradually climb to the mid 60's for the weekend. (Hopefully with little or no wind.) Didnt do any running all weekend. :( Did ride stationary bike 15 miles on Saturday and 15 mi on Sunday. Also did the gravel boggie in the gravel bucket for awhile yesterday evening. :)

Waitaminute...I'm the guy starting the week 13 thread? The guy who's been on the injured/malasiness list? Well, hell....the irony is that I haven't been running - IT Band issues (which sounds like I'm having a problem with my computer, but that's another thing altogether). I did, however ride, 21.65 miles.

I had to scratch the 1/2 mary in April as discretion met the better part of valour, but I do have a ride the 2nd week of April that I can still make and apparently, riding is supposed to help all of the items that is giving me trouble, so there it is, there...

Sorry to hear about the IT band and scratched 1/2 Pirate. That ITBS is a bugger to get over.

I've been doing some cycling at the PT office. Pretty boring for me, need to service the bike soon so I can get some outside action.

A good day for me yesterday. I was going through Skin To Dirt (probably should not use that as an acronym) withdrawals so I got 2.5 barefoot miles done. Then I went on a 7.5 mile hike with my son that did involve some running at the end. A beautiful spring day.

Sorry to hear about the IT band and scratched 1/2 Pirate. That ITBS is a bugger to get over.

I've been doing some cycling at the PT office. Pretty boring for me, need to service the bike soon so I can get some outside action.

A good day for me yesterday. I was going through Skin To Dirt (probably should not use that as an acronym) withdrawals so I got 2.5 barefoot miles done. Then I went on a 7.5 mile hike with my son that did involve some running at the end. A beautiful spring day.

Thanks! I took me a while to let go of the 1/2 mary...for a while there I was thinking that I'd just post and do what I can and walk the rest, but then I started to realize that I could wind up doing more damage. A former girlfriend of mine once said "your body talks to you; ignore it at your peril).

I hear you on indoor cycling, or just any cardiovascular stuff on a stationary device (stairs, treads, cycles) - I get bored after about 1 minute of that stuff...

Yes, perhaps a better acronym would be S2D :)

Sunday:
3.5 mi, was going to be a "zippy" run, as my legs were feeling fresh and loose when I woke up, then after mile one, everything got heavy all at once, and each mile was slower than the last, so I guess we can rename it a "recovery" run from yesterday's 8 miler. Felt fine afterwards, so I'm assumign the recovery part did its job.

some abs and weights in the afternoon for a few minutes before...

about 1hr, 20 min swim, but not high intensity. been avoiding flip turns and other such adventures.

Monday: nothing yet. getting ready to go for a short swim. no run this am, only a few hours of sleep last night. sinuses and lungs still aren't quite right, either, and I'm getting tired of low-level wheezing my way through my day. wonder what i could accomplish with a full breath of air for once?

This is where it pays to not be all that goal oriented. It wouldn't be very satisfying to be laid up.
I get a little IT stuff on my right side whenever I'm not doing those hip abductor/adductor exercises, but I'm recalling that as long as I do them it stays away. Needless to say, since I hate doing them, they don't happen very often, so I'd be a hypocrite to recommend them. Meh, I've been worse.

Sunday afternoon.
"Bottom" ST workout.
I felt a slight niggle on my right MCL while pyramiding up to my max deadlift, so quickly pyramided down. First time I've felt the MCL over on that side. I wonder if my form was off. Or if I was thinking too much about the recent passing of the great Joe Weider, one of guys who really turned weight training into a science in the 60s and 70s. My older brother always had those books and mags laying around and that's where I learned the basics when I was just starting out.

Anyway, no matter, I didn't feel the MCL on the other leg and glute exercises, and was still able to up the weight on my leg extensions a bit, leading to much quad soreness today. I also did my first hanging knee tucks today on my new pull-up bar. Marvelous. I'd been missing those, so much more fun than sit-ups and crunches.

This is where it pays to not be all that goal oriented. It wouldn't be very satisfying to be laid up.
Yah, this half mary coming up in August keeps trying to mess with my head, but I've gotten pretty good at overriding it by listening to my body's soothing voice of reason. Goals and injuries can become a vicious circle of overtraining, injury, further overtraining to make up for lost time, then re-injury. Glad I finally spun free. I ain't upping the mileage until my current mileage feels more comfortable, no matter the timeline.
I get a little IT stuff on my right side whenever I'm not doing those hip abductor/adductor exercises, but I'm recalling that as long as I do them it stays away. Needless to say, since I hate doing them, they don't happen very often, so I'd be a hypocrite to recommend them. Meh, I've been worse.
I've gotten pretty religious about ITB stretches, static and dynamic, and massaging too. I like to do the hip abductor/adductor exercises standing up with ankle weights, swaying my free leg to and fro like a pendulum in front of the supporting leg. It's more fun for me to do it that way than laying on the floor or with cables.
Waitaminute...I'm the guy starting the week 13 thread?
I think you should take up this position permanently. Always good to have some humor in the weekly mileage opener, loosens up the crowd.

Monday: nothing yet. getting ready to go for a short swim. no run this am, only a few hours of sleep last night. sinuses and lungs still aren't quite right, either, and I'm getting tired of low-level wheezing my way through my day. wonder what i could accomplish with a full breath of air for once?

took a nap instead. felt great.

Five miles indoor track.
I might just might do another run after work only if I feel like it.
Right now I feel like it but my feelings could change by 5:00PM-will see.

1.02 miles pushing a stroller with a three year old yelling "Faster Mommy Faster"

My undies kept falling down and it was wet but I loved every second of it!

1. great personal trainer you have there
2. BUS=bunchy undie syndrome. happens to us all at some point, and is not nearly as severe as WUS=wedgie undie syndrome. there is much debate on how to prevent or manage these conditions. someday there may even be a cure.

1. great personal trainer you have there
2. BUS=bunchy undie syndrome. happens to us all at some point, and is not nearly as severe as WUS=wedgie undie syndrome. there is much debate on how to prevent or manage these conditions. someday there may even be a cure.

Going commando will fix both of those issues, won't it?

4.5 miles today. Ran on the sidewalks as the roads are a messy with dirty and muddy runoff water. But the side walks also had lots of water on them as well, and on the dangerous side as well. Wound tripping on some frozen ice or a raised piece of concrete as I was trying to avoid a big puddle. Yup you guessed it, I tripped and wound up in the middle of the puddle on my a$$. So much for trying to stay dry. I guess the running conditions are going to be on the messy side here in the Peg for the next few weeks.

took a nap instead. felt great.

Yes! We're clocking all of our running, riding and swimming times and distances but we're not clocking our nap times. On Sunday, I napped for 30 mins at a 0 m/m pace.

Yes! We're clocking all of our running, riding and swimming times and distances but we're not clocking our nap times. On Sunday, I napped for 30 mins at a 0 m/m pace.

I am NOT a napping person it doesn't matter how tired I might be I just can't nap but I really wish I could.
So anyways, I didn't double run last night, I thought better of and did some hip/back/glutes exercises instead since I have been neglecting the mentioned parts and my hips are getting a little tight so I gave them a good massage and strenght therapy.
I wish I could just run, run and run and do nothing else but sadly, that's not how the body works.

4.5 miles today. Ran on the sidewalks as the roads are a messy with dirty and muddy runoff water. But the side walks also had lots of water on them as well, and on the dangerous side as well. Wound tripping on some frozen ice or a raised piece of concrete as I was trying to avoid a big puddle. Yup you guessed it, I tripped and wound up in the middle of the puddle on my a$$. So much for trying to stay dry. I guess the running conditions are going to be on the messy side here in the Peg for the next few weeks.

How can you stand living on those awful conditions Dutchie? I would be out of Canada in no time ;)
Nice job on the miles and sorry about your a$$ :nurse:

Reactions: dutchie53

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts