Just set a new PR!!

soulrunner

Barefooters
Apr 3, 2010
Well today is Cooper City founders day and there's a traditional one mile run down 90th Avenue. Since most of my races have been with my schools track team and cross country team I couldn't really run BF because of the regulations. So today was my first barefoot race, and it was a success!! Ran a 4:56, coming in second :D wootwoot

Congrats on the PR !Great

Congrats on the PR !

Great time too...maybe your coaches will find out and let you train barefoot some.

I am truly impressed! 

I am truly impressed! Congrats! Like Mokie said, maybe now you can approach your coaches with some good evidence of your barefoot success.

Great job man! Good luck

Great job man! Good luck convincing a coach to let you run barefoot. I had an XC coach grumbling that I was a bad influence last weekend because I wore VFF'S in a fund raiser race.

holy shite! that's some fast

holy shite! that's some fast running there, nice work!

Thanks guys!! It's funny, my

Thanks guys!! It's funny, my cross country coach is the one who gave me Born to Run. After reading that I ran shod again! He knows that theres no way I'll ever put those heavy pieces of concrete on my feet again haha Its just that the atheltic association requires racers to wear shoes during a race.

Gosh its sooo nice to be a barefooter :)

interesting because i've

interesting because i've been to some races out here in texas both track and cross country and the UIL has apparently opened it's doors to barefoot running in competition. i've worked with some kids who are running races in vffs as well as bare. if it means that much to you, you can always contact your athletic association about it. the vff tends to fit most descriptions of a shoe which could allow you some opportunities. if not though i would look into jingas as they seem to be the closest thing i've found that is a shoe but also almost bare. i think they're thinner than vffs.

Wow! Congrats on an awesome

Wow! Congrats on an awesome PR.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts